QB play and playcalling | The Boneyard

QB play and playcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's face it our quarterback play has sucked since Dan O, I didn't think it could get much worse but it certainly has this year. McEntee has shown me enough, he's simply bad. I don't care if the coaches think Nebrich and McCummings aren't ready one of them needs to be named the starter. The playcalling was once again atrocious. I feel badly for the defense, they deserve much better. I like Don Brown as defensive coordinator, he did a great job on everything except for not blitzing on that crucial third down on ISU's last scoring drive.

Reaction Score
Let's face it our quarterback play has sucked since Dan O, I didn't think it could get much worse but it certainly has this year. McEntee has shown me enough, he's simply bad. I don't care if the coaches think Nebrich and McCummings aren't ready one of them needs to be named the starter. The playcalling was once again atrocious. I feel badly for the defense, they deserve much better. I like Don Brown as defensive coordinator, he did a great job on everything except for not blitzing on that crucial third down on ISU's last scoring drive.
McEntee is clearly the best thrower, but can only do it when given LOTS of time, something we can't count on moving forward. Agreed on playcalling, specifically late in the game. 2 weeks in a row with piss-poor choices. Coach Moorhead must be thinking, "WOW, I lost playcalling duties to make way for THESE choices?!"

I agree on what our D has done. I'm guessing we didn't see blitzing at the end because our D was so gassed because our O has given them almost no rest all game long. Even when we scored, we needed big plays to get there instead of sustained drives so our guys were spent.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

All so true. It's a little tough on Pasqualoni to blame him for the total mess he inherited on offense. This team has had whatever success it's had over the past several seasons by playing tough, hard-nosed defense, while praying the offense wouldn't shoot itself in the foot enough to lose the game. At times the defense played well enough to keep the games close and more often than not the offense made just enough plays to squeak through. The problem with a cast of all-no-experience QBs is you can't hide the glaring offensive deficiencies with even a good performance from the defense. The defense is now in a position where they not only have to keep the other team out of the end zone, they're going to have to score points off turnovers, because the offense is more horrendous than it's ever been since Dan O departed, and I'm including the 2005 and 2006 seasons.

In my office, I sit next door to a guy who went to Oklahoma. He liked our team but stated the obvious after the Fiesta Bowl: you've got no QB and no offense at all. These past two games have been carbon copies of the Fiesta Bowl on offense: no offensive TDs last week, and an offense this week that miserably failed to capitalize on a number of gifts bestowed upon them by the defense in the first half. We should have led this game by at least 21-7 at the half.

Reaction Score
McEntee is clearly the best thrower, but can only do it when given LOTS of time, something we can't count on moving forward. Agreed on playcalling, specifically late in the game. 2 weeks in a row with piss-poor choices. Coach Moorhead must be thinking, "WOW, I lost playcalling duties to make way for THESE choices?!"

I agree on what our D has done. I'm guessing we didn't see blitzing at the end because our D was so gassed because our O has given them almost no rest all game long. Even when we scored, we needed big plays to get there instead of sustained drives so our guys were spent.
+1 on Moorehead. If I was him right now I'd be asking for my paycut money back. Did they really demote him to show a huddle-till-you-waste-timeouts, no-production offense?

Reaction Score
Nick, why should it be any different? I mean, what has changed? We have virtually the same personnel as last year. Coaches can only do so much. DannyO proved that. RE wasn't a great coach because he had Danny. He was the same coach after Danny. The only thing different was he didn't have Danny anymore. It's about personnel. RE looks like a genius with O'Brien down at MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom