QB next year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

QB next year

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If Marvin doesn't get his grades in order, he won't have a chance at competing for a starting QB slot at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I’m a bit perplexed why they haven’t given Krajewski or a Washington in game reps given the season is flushed. Makes no sense to me.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He’s the quick convo before Saturday’s game by Bob Joyce w/ OC John Dunn about Steve Krajewski and what they see. (Steven Krajewski discussion begins @ 3:09ish). (@UConnDan97)

Mirrors what Edsall said a few weeks ago.

Listen to the Husky Bytes Episode - John Dunn - Pregame SMU on iHeartRadio

I get the sentiment from an anxious fan base about seeing what the future may look like but if the staff doesn’t think he’s ready and it may actually impede his progress - I can wait. I watched a few his games streaming last year and he’s got all the tools physically. I think he can be the arm/leader of the future.
I’m a bit perplexed why they haven’t given Krajewski or a Washington in game reps given the season is flushed. Makes no sense to me.

Really? Still makes no sense to you??

Reaction Score
Really? Still makes no sense to you??
Time in the saddle cannot be emulated in spring practice. A few controlled series can’t hurt. I wouldn’t suggest letting him go a whole game...

Reaction Score
We need to find a qb who can manage a game. We don’t need a gunslinger. We need a guy who can complete a ten yard out with consistency, who can hit running backs in
stride in wheel routes, and who can get the balls to receivers where they can make plays. We have skill position talent.

Only responding to this part of your comment. I see it the opposite. A team like UConn will not get 4* or above players at any positions. So against top 50 teams will be out talented, Alabama by a lot, maybe Kentucky or Maryland much less and can offset some of this by red shirting, good player development, etc. but most teams try to do that also. What levels the playing field is the QB. We need to get a Milton to make everyone on offense better and give defense a chance to win even if they give up 35 points (no offense can give you a chance to win with the current 50 ppg defense UConn has). Even Alabama and Clemson went with young gunslingers over older guys who could manage game, if they needed to do that with their talent makes me think UConn needs to think the same way.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Time in the saddle cannot be emulated in spring practice. A few controlled series can’t hurt. I wouldn’t suggest letting him go a whole game...

It hurts if they believe it would hurt his confidence. And that interview suggests it would. Dunn said something to the effect of him needing a shorter memory and not getting so down about making a mistake.

That's the description of someone who needs a year to prepare...

Reaction Score
You forgot Skanes and Eddie Hahn who also played QB in high school. I haven't dug deeper, but its probably the case every LB we have played QB first. :rolleyes:
.....and you forgot Keyion Dixon who was one of the top dual threat QB's in the state as a junior and senior. First team All State.

Reaction Score
Only responding to this part of your comment. I see it the opposite. A team like UConn will not get 4* or above players at any positions. So against top 50 teams will be out talented, Alabama by a lot, maybe Kentucky or Maryland much less and can offset some of this by red shirting, good player development, etc. but most teams try to do that also. What levels the playing field is the QB. We need to get a Milton to make everyone on offense better and give defense a chance to win even if they give up 35 points (no offense can give you a chance to win with the current 50 ppg defense UConn has). Even Alabama and Clemson went with young gunslingers over older guys who could manage game, if they needed to do that with their talent makes me think UConn needs to think the same way.

Oh man I would love a true dual threat qb that can sling it with the best of them. I am just saying that this team as constructed needs a qb who can complete high percentage passes. It sounds so simple but we simply haven’t done a good job finding a qb like this. Our offensive line is going to be the strength next year as is the running game. Defenses are going to stack the line. If we can just get a qb who can throw an accurate ball, the offense will be fine.

Reaction Score
I haven’t heard a peep about how Krajewski looks in practice, which worries me a little, although it can take time to get used to the step up in level. And I have been underwhelmed in the little I see in Washington.

We need to find a qb who can manage a game. We don’t need a gunslinger. We need a guy who can complete a ten yard out with consistency, who can hit running backs in
stride in wheel routes, and who can get the balls to receivers where they can make plays. We have skill position talent.

The coaching staff should always be looking to bring on talent at qb, and I hope they are looking at possible grad transfers and JUCO players. Make this a competition, may the best man win.
I think we already have a QB that fits your description. Check out his highlight tape.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s the quick convo before Saturday’s game by Bob Joyce w/ OC John Dunn about Steve Krajewski and what they see. (Steven Krajewski discussion begins @ 3:09ish). (@UConnDan97)

Mirrors what Edsall said a few weeks ago.

Listen to the Husky Bytes Episode - John Dunn - Pregame SMU on iHeartRadio

I get the sentiment from an anxious fan base about seeing what the future may look like but if the staff doesn’t think he’s ready and it may actually impede his progress - I can wait. I watched a few his games streaming last year and he’s got all the tools physically. I think he can be the arm/leader of the future.

The drive he lead in the last two minutes of the state championship game was a peek into how good he can be. Long drive with very little time left and he looked calm and in control. They scored the TD they needed to take the lead but the other team was gifted with (I think) three calls against K's team for too many men on the field so they got close enough for a long field goal to win it.

Reaction Score
The drive he lead in the last two minutes of the state championship game was a peek into how good he can be. Long drive with very little time left and he looked calm and in control. They scored the TD they needed to take the lead but the other team was gifted with (I think) three calls against K's team for too many men on the field so they got close enough for a long field goal to win it.
I saw that state championship game too. There was 5:50 left and the other team just scored to go ahead for the first time in the game. Steven Krajewski’s team started on their own 20. He went 4/4 passing with two 3rd down and long situations and one 4th down and three situation. He did everything he had to do except leave :49 seconds on the clock. The other team came down and was awarded four penalties on their last drive. The last penalty was a PI on a Hail Mary with no time left on the clock. That put them in field goal range and they made it.

Steven Krajewski had a great year on one of the best teams, if not the best team, in the state of Georgia. Right now they are ranked #1 in the state and #5 in the nation. Not to mention that he was coached by one of the best, Rush Propst. So, based on where he comes from and what the UConn reporters have said, I have a hard time believing that the game is “just a tick fast for him.” It would be great to get him some experience in these last two meaningless games. They have Bisack listed as 2 on the depth chart so maybe we will see him throw in Saturday. Good luck Huskies!

Reaction Score
Even Alabama and Clemson went with young gunslingers over older guys who could manage game, if they needed to do that with their talent makes me think UConn needs to think the same way.

Alabama and Clemson went with legit pro prospects over guys that may have a shot....there's a huge difference. Those teams are trying to win a National Championship every year. UConn isn't even playing to win, yet. Let's start beating FBS schools first. Hell, we barely beat FCS schools right now.

Leave Pindell where he is. He'll have a chance to show scouts whether he can play WR at UConn's Pro Day. He's the best weapon by far, you put the ball in his hands every snap. Why would you change that???

Reaction Score
Alabama and Clemson went with legit pro prospects over guys that may have a shot....there's a huge difference. Those teams are trying to win a National Championship every year. UConn isn't even playing to win, yet. Let's start beating FBS schools first. Hell, we barely beat FCS schools right now.

Leave Pindell where he is. He'll have a chance to show scouts whether he can play WR at UConn's Pro Day. He's the best weapon by far, you put the ball in his hands every snap. Why would you change that???
Probably because we are 1-9. Again, we are talking about blow out games. It’s amazing how people can’t understand that. When we are down 40 points in the third quarter the other QB’s need to get experience so they can be better prepared for next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom