QB Coach | The Boneyard

QB Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know, I don't know what's going on. It's been over a month now and no QB coach. I think P is a fantastic coach. The man lives and breathes football, and does it well. But I can't figure why there's nobody on staff yet in that slot. THere's got to be a reason, and I'm sure it's a good one. But I don't get it.

I've been racking my brains, and my choice would be to go after John McNulty,and bring him back to UConn.

That would certainly make Schiano have to check his shorts.

Reaction Score
Could the hiring come from within, a promotion or inclusion of responsibility for another coach? Or is this completely out of the question?

Just a random thought that I had, who was the QB coach when Orlovsky was at UConn?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that whoever gets that slot, is the Apprentice. These guys we've got now, are on the tail end of their runs. We've got a couple years with P, and we'll get the foundations built up. But you don't reach that decade of life and aren't aware of it. The legacy that PP will leave at UConn, is his ability to farm the northeast and extend out to where we play regularly, and build a #1 in the country football program. The connections, and ability to do that, has got to be passed on. I'm hoping that the reason that there's been nobody hired to fill that slot yet, is that P is being really, really due diligent about finding the right people for that kind of role on this staff.

With that thought process in mind, I came up with McNulty.

edit: For the record, I have absolutlely no idea who they may be talking to, and why, or whether it's internal or they're looking out, but I just know that it's been a more than a month since Morehead took the HC job at Fordham, and we don't have a replacement. I was thinking about who'd I'd go after, and that's the guy I came up with. That's all.

Reaction Score
Could the hiring come from within, a promotion or inclusion of responsibility for another coach? Or is this completely out of the question?

Just a random thought that I had, who was the QB coach when Orlovsky was at UConn?

Ambrose worked almost exclusively with Orlovsky.

Reaction Score
FYI: McNulty was WR coach under Skip Holtz at UConn in the late 90s. He moved on to QB's, WR's and OC at Rutgers under Schiano - and was OC during their big time season in 2006. He's been an offensive assitant in the NFL since.

Reaction Score
Why the rush to fill the slot? Just curious. I don't believe the new coach can work with the QB's right now anyway. Plus we already filled the 2012 class with 2 enrolled kids. Personally I'd rather wait and get the right fit than rush through the process just to fill the job.

I do agree with you though that I'd like to some of the staff get younger.

Reaction Score
Head coach at Towson

Any reason why a couple of past Huskies Dennis Brown and the kid from Delaware, can't think of his name transferred there? He most likely wouldn't come back after having a HC job.

Reaction Score
He most likely wouldn't come back after having a HC job.

If he came back to UConn there would be a melt down of epic proportions on this board. Epic I tell you...epic.

Reaction Score
Coach P has ties to the recently dispersed Dolphins coaching staff. Wonder if he is going to reach out to any of them. Its pretty short notice for those guys to get jobs, so they might decide to make a layover in Storrs.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Listen to me, you fukk! You did a lot of Shot here. You played a lot of cards, and you made a lot of fukking people do a lot of things they didn't wanna do. This is true; we both know this is true. You, McNulty, are a gaping assohle. We both know this. if everybody in CID doesn't know it! But fucc if I'm gonna stand here and say you did a single fugking thing to get a police shot! You did not do this, you fukking hear me? This is not on you. No, it isn't, ashsole! Believe it or not, everything isn't about you! And the motherfacker saying this, he hates your guts, McNulty! So you know if it WAS on you, I'd be the son of a bitch to say so! Shhit went bad - she took two for company. That's the only lesson here.

Reaction Score
What was that rant all about? I'm hoping it was lines from a movie I never saw.

As far as the next QB coach, would love to see a "name" that can do a bang up job recruiting away from the East Coast. I agree on the age thing as long as he can start pulling them in from the other side of the Mississippi. If for no other reason than to spread our wings a bit and start getting some name recognition outside of our conference area. Would love to see Minnesota and Colorado added to the non conference schedule sometime in the future.

Reaction Score
P could always hire Jack Cochrane to coach QB's.......and let the ranting begin.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
P could always hire Jack Cochrane to coach QB's.......and let the ranting begin.

That hire just might produce fistfights around here, lol.

Another name that's now available: Bruce Arians, Big Ben's personal tutor/OC with the Steelers, recently scapegoated by the GM and not retained (against the HC's and QB's wishes). He has college experience, mainly as HC of Temple - when they were decent, before the fell off the cliff in the '90's.

Do you think, possibly, he would, you know?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom