Qatar wins 2019 Asian Cup

Haven't really been following the tournament but wow. Beat both South Korea and Japan to win it all. While I do not approve of how they won the 2022 bid, they may actually be somewhat competitive in 4 years time.

Haven't really been following the tournament but wow. Beat both South Korea and Japan to win it all. While I do not approve of how they won the 2022 bid, they may actually be somewhat competitive in 4 years time.
Sure, how many Qatari riyals or better Euros or Greenbacks were the refs paid? Additionally, Steve Arena may not approve of several of the sort-of-Qatari players born and raised in other nations.

Edit: Fox Sports is broadcasting the Asian Cup final from 4:30 pm ET on ...

Last edited:

ZooCougar

Shut Up Carl.
They basically cherry picked talent from Africa and made them Qatari nationals. Seems like their plan is working.

Qatar losened-up its legal standard just a wee-bit to allow bascially any human male who can play soccer to become citizen. Of course, FIFA could look into it; but, that will never happen. The only reason that other Asian Countries are not complaining is that Qatar gets an auto-bid, so they still have a shot. I wonder how the immigration rules will be changed after the Cup?