Put it on a T-Shirt | The Boneyard

Put it on a T-Shirt

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken, but I don't remember if SNY showed a replay of Nika's block from an under the basket view, but it would have been nice if they did...
(I haven't watched the replay yet.)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They did. And she fouled her
I watched the game twice and never saw an under the basket view. They only ran the one that is showing. Even Meg stated that they couldn't see her left arm, but it looks like that what they are calling. Just because a person falls to the floor doesn't mean they were fouled. The player was already off balanced and the force of the block could have made it look like she was fouled.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lol. I posted this because of her hilarious reaction (“Oh My God, Bro”).

Somehow I knew it’d turn into a debate about the foul.
I brought up the alternate camera view of the play because Meghan mentioned seeing one during the broadcast.

Reaction Score
you literally cannot see that because her body is blocking it.
I LITERALLY see her arm extending into the player. Are you also going to say...the REF couldn't see. She fouled her. She always protests. It's her fire. That's ok.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lol. I posted this because of her hilarious reaction (“Oh My God, Bro”).

Somehow I knew it’d turn into a debate about the foul.
Coaches sometimes go ballistic because of foul calls. They are often on the other end of the court and don't see the foul up close and/or from the angle the ref does. Sometimes the coaches are not wrong. Sometimes you can see everything (on both ends of the court) from a good seat in the stands. Referees like coaches and fans don't see everything. And as a referee, you can't call everything. You have to let them play. Basketball IS a contact sport. Football is a collision sport. :cool: There is always touching, grabbing, and pulling. As a referee, you just have to figure out where to draw the line.

Reaction Score
Nika

Here ya go!

624ADAB3-91B1-4699-9802-47962ACE1B2A.jpeg

Reaction Score
My view is Muhl got beat ball watching so she put herself in position to let the ref make a call; that’s why you don’t ball watch. Good call or not, the ref who made the call had the best view of the play so regardless, whether contact was incidental, or non-existant, it was a foul because that’s what the ref called.

Reaction Score
:D Don't know if there was any intention in your capitalization in the word "Dawn" but its still funny 'cause she did complain as a player and remains quite vocal as a coach.

WE never foul. THEY always do!
Funny but just a mistake on my part.

Reaction Score
A wise man once said, “if the refs don’t call it, it ain’t a foul”

Reaction Score
looked clean to me! I saw a number of lousy calls by the refs last night.
It’s good to see that nothing has changed over the long weekend off. Nika being called for a phantom foul and the refs making a number of lousy calls. I would recommend that when Nika gets a bad call that she verbalizes her frustration in Croatian. There are too many lip readers and refs with rabbit ears out there. We should have “Nika doesn’t foul” (written in Croatian) tee shirts made up and wear them to the games.

Reaction Score
I LITERALLY see her arm extending into the player. Are you also going to say...the REF couldn't see. She fouled her. She always protests. It's her fire. That's ok.
Her body is blocking it. You can’t se her arm making contact with delivery because her body is in the way. You are just assuming it did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom