Put (A Little) Money Where Your Mouth Is | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Put (A Little) Money Where Your Mouth Is

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If we get 41k a day for 37 days, we are in.
They need to keep promoting these collectives big time me and all over. Before this weekend I hadn't heard a peep from any of these people. They start tweeting, or whatever it's called now, and all ok a sudden we have $41k. They need to continue to promote the heck out of this and they'll hit their goal or come.closer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I donated and am grateful for Marc D'Amelio doing this but we need corporate and heavy hitter donations. Hopefully someone steps up.
What's Bob doing with that Bain Capital bag?

Reaction Score
Can’t ask big donors to be interested if the rank & file don’t care. The little guy is the fanbase - ticket sales and small donations, TV ratings are THE sign of interest. Only a couple more seasons to build some semblance of a winner/less of a money loser before change is dictated.

Reaction Score
Can’t ask big donors to be interested if the rank & file don’t care. The little guy is the fanbase - ticket sales and small donations, TV ratings are THE sign of interest. Only a couple more seasons to build some semblance of a winner/less of a money loser before change is dictated.

It’s like building muscle. Start small and get it to snowball.

Reaction Score
You sir, have lost your right to bitch! Signed Jim Mora.
Our fans are so set in their ways, how they watch games, it hasnb’t changed for 20 years. The football team got a commitment 20+ years ago to build a stadium. For many, that is proof of the FB commitment. The BUrton complex, still great, is over 15 years old.

Right now, it’s about cash. Players want money. They do. How do we get them money legally and ethically is the issue.

Reaction Score
It’s OK if you can’t afford to donate as others can. Just support the team.
I can afford it, I am just not going to do it.

NIL SHOULD be about the ability for them to earn money by using their N,I and L. Not just bags of money to hand over.
Why aren't we seeing these kids in local bank or car dealer commercials like those Dr Pepper commercials with Bryce Young when he was at Alabama.

The coaches were always in those local ads including billboards along the highway but I never actually see anything with a local college kids in them.

Bueckers got that huge deal, but I have never see her actually appear in anything regarding those partnerships. Maybe I am not the target audience, but still you'd think it would pop up somewhere once or twice.

Reaction Score
Just made my first contribution to the D'Amelio collective. Can't say I'm a big fan of NIL, but if this is the way it is now, I guess I have to do my part, in addition to going to the games. With all the money there is in this State, if the fans and corporations really get behind NIL, who knows, it might become the key to a dramatic improvement in UConn football.

Reaction Score
I donated and am grateful for Marc D'Amelio doing this but we need corporate and heavy hitter donations. Hopefully someone steps up.
How are these set up? Does he keep the interest gained on the investment of this money or does it get rolled right back into this same account?

Reaction Score

NIL SHOULD be about the ability for them to earn money by using their N,I and L. Not just bags of money to hand over.
Why aren't we seeing these kids in local bank or car dealer commercials like those Dr Pepper commercials with Bryce Young when he was at Alabama.

The coaches were always in those local ads including billboards along the highway but I never actually see anything with a local college kids in them.

Bueckers got that huge deal, but I have never see her actually appear in anything regarding those partnerships. Maybe I am not the target audience, but still you'd think it would pop up somewhere once or twice.
On NIL, the national players like Bryce Young and Paige Bueckers are getting NIL deals for big brands like Gatorade or Dr. Pepper which are generally not available for the vast majority of college athletes. Bueckers has appeared in TV commercials for Gatorade that I have seen. And, most of the advertising is very targeted through social media. I have seen some college athletes on frequent TV ads like Livvy Dunne, but most of Dunne's advertising is on social media like Instagram. She makes ~$40k per sponsored post.

The NIL we are talking about for the football team is to get opportunities for the vast majority of the athletes through either charitable pursuits (think Bleeding Blue for Good) or through businesses. The cash is not given to athletes for doing nothing as there are obligations they need to meet.

Reaction Score
Our fans are so set in their ways, how they watch games, it hasnb’t changed for 20 years. The football team got a commitment 20+ years ago to build a stadium. For many, that is proof of the FB commitment. The BUrton complex, still great, is over 15 years old.

Right now, it’s about cash. Players want money. They do. How do we get them money legally and ethically is the issue.

Facilities don’t matter anymore.

If they ever did matter we would have been Top 25 caliber,

Reaction Score

You’re bashing something that you don’t understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Facilities don’t matter anymore.

If they ever did matter we would have been Top 25 caliber,
Coastal Carolina sucks and that's right after an upgrade.

Reaction Score
On NIL, the national players like Bryce Young and Paige Bueckers are getting NIL deals for big brands like Gatorade or Dr. Pepper which are generally not available for the vast majority of college athletes. Bueckers has appeared in TV commercials for Gatorade that I have seen. And, most of the advertising is very targeted through social media. I have seen some college athletes on frequent TV ads like Livvy Dunne, but most of Dunne's advertising is on social media like Instagram. She makes ~$40k per sponsored post.

The NIL we are talking about for the football team is to get opportunities for the vast majority of the athletes through either charitable pursuits (think Bleeding Blue for Good) or through businesses. The cash is not given to athletes for doing nothing as there are obligations they need to meet.
Fair to say that members of our football squad aren’t super marketable for scenario one. In fairness to the reluctant, scenario two has the potential to be mainly pay-for-play. No evidence that this avenue is being abused, so I’m willing to give (for now) to see where this heads. Hurley said something in public comments to the effect of “we’ll suck if we don’t” have an NIL program. I’ll take his word for it as it may apply to having football and UConn Athletics get to/remain viable.

Reaction Score
Coastal Carolina sucks and that's right after an upgrade.

Next time someone comes to UConn wanting to gift us something like $1M locker room upgrade we should just redirect them to NIL.

If I were a college athlete with options and some place had really nice facilities but poor or no NIL money I would just assume that the school was holding out on athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom