Purvis said... | The Boneyard

Purvis said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slob on my knob HATERS. Let the love talk begin after MOST of you ass clowns hated on him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Slob on my knob HATERS. Let the love talk begin after MOST of you ass clowns hated on him.
And you laid flowers at his feet since November????????????????

Reaction Score
I've adjusted my expectations for the type of offensive player he is. He's basically a slashing wing and not a guard. As long as you don't expect guard things - good passing, tight dribbling, good decision making - and just accept him as a guy who's job it is to attack, you can live with the mistakes. He's basically a Sticks-Roscoe type guy more than a Lamb-Gordon - can spot up or attack in a straight line, but he doesn't have a guard's savvy for changing direction and creating his own space. And that's ok - if Hamilton and Boat/Adams can do most of the guard things.

Reaction Score
True it did work out for him today but that hasn't been the case most of the year

Reaction Score
Not once did say ANYTHING bad about a player. I'm not the kind of person to bad mouth a player on a "team we love". You guys amaze me. It's so funny you guys bash the CRAP out of someone then a love fest. Trolls must love seeing how pathetic our "fans" are.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think Purvis will tell you he has played below expectations and has had a disappointing season to this point

so you're going to have to take it up with him

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm guessing that but most thought he was a "throw away" and never had the potential for a game like this. Obviously needs to be consistent but there will be more in a UConn uni , many stuck by the fact he was just overhyped and that needed to be pulled back a bit in order to gain proper perspective.

Reaction Score
I think Purvis will tell you he has played below expectations and has had a disappointing season to this point

so you're going to have to take it up with him

That's pretty much what he told Jacobs yesterday:

"I knew it wasn't going to be easy coming here, sitting out a year [as the Huskies won the national title]," Purvis said. "The comments on being a disappointment? I'll take that. I haven't played up to the level I know I can play at. I'll take that to myself. [The outside criticism] doesn't bother me. It just shows me I have to work harder to get better.

"The coaches have been preaching to me to stay aggressive at all times. Sometimes I have felt I've been too aggressive. That can be a good or bad thing, but I'd rather be too aggressive than not aggressive at all. That's what has been holding me back this entire year."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...mn-uconn-men-0302-20150301-column.html#page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom