Purvis Returning | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Purvis Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Here's a couple guys - one of them is currently making over $5m in the NBA. Both are 6'4" 2-guards.

It is not uncommon for guys to make leaps in their college careers ... sometimes significant. It's short-sighted to simply give up on a guy, especially as a UConn fan. We've seen many a player come thru here that have developed their way into an NBA contract.

jLyx0Kj.jpg

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Here's a couple guys - one of them is currently making over $5m in the NBA. Both are 6'4" 2-guards.

It is not uncommon for guys to make leaps in their college careers ... sometimes significant. It's short-sighted to simply give up on a guy, especially as a UConn fan. We've seen many a player come thru here that have developed their way into an NBA contract.

jLyx0Kj.jpg
This. Even though the stats on paper don't necessarily show it, Kemba made a huge jump between his sophomore and junior years.

Reaction Score
We can make the tournament right now. If Adams was playing from the get go, I don't think we get enough wins in the all important 1st half of the year (OOC).
We're a marginal tournament team right now. If we lose to Cinci, we're probably not in. Even if we pull off a few wins, we're probably not making it past the 1st weekend. That's what your choice resulted in.
Now go back to October.
Somebody says, "hey, you can play Gibbs at PG and 'ease' Adams in, and that will result in you having a lose-and-go-home game against Cincy in the 1st round of the AAC tourni, OR"

You tellin' me that you wouldn't strongly consider the OR?

I love you as a poster here - you bring great content, but I believe that you'd be all over the OR.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We're a marginal tournament team right now. If we lose to Cinci, we're probably not in. Even if we pull off a few wins, we're probably not making it past the 1st weekend. That's what your choice resulted in.
Now go back to October.
Somebody says, "hey, you can play Gibbs at PG and 'ease' Adams in, and that will result in you having a lose-and-go-home game against Pitt in the 1st round of the AAC tourni, OR"

You tellin' me that you wouldn't strongly consider the OR?

I love you as a poster here - you bring great content, but I believe that you'd be all over the OR.
This is so full of hypotheticals, what's the point?

Reaction Score
Purvis had a respectable year (which isn't over yet). I don't care for him in crunch time, but he's a decent player and a good guy.
We only need him to do it one time...(come thru in the clutch)... I think he has it in him, but he seems to tighten up when the game's on the line... I think he can/will come thru though... eventually

Reaction Score
I feel like Purvis is the guy that much more so than Brimah who would have developed into a much better player under Calhoun. Ollie needs to find a way to piss Purvis off and make him play angry and want to run THROUGH people. He's built like a strong safety, time to start playing stronger.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Just wanted to point out that someone in the game thread yesterday in the first half said "KO should tell Purvis not to come back".

Reaction Score
Just wanted to point out that someone in the game thread yesterday in the first half said "KO should tell Purvis not to come back".

Yeah, bleh... this guy Kevin here.

they will lose in the first round of the NIT, too. I hope Ollie tells Purvis to look elsewhere. And Gibbs sits the rest of the season. I have no idea why Adams is not the guy. Is he dumb? can he not comprehend simple things? how can any rational person keep playing Gibbs?

Brimah is dumb. he goes after every block and just lets his guy dominate the glass. Over and over. Its ok if Uconn had a real four but if hamilton is playing the four its a disaster

I really don't get this kind of stuff, especially when games aren't even over.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I still hold out hope that RP can learn to finish his drives. At that point,with his strength and speed, he becomes a dangerous player.

But as he plays today, especially without Gibbs, I am glad to have him back.

Reaction Score
Also, once again: those who don't want Rodney back are freaking insane. Another good game even in a losing effort.
Rodney was our best player in the two games. I want him back and I want him to improve his mid-range game. Hey who knows as maybe with an improved mid-range game he can at least be a 12 man on some NBA roster.

Reaction Score
Purvis fixed his free throw shooting from conference play on, and was more aggressive in the last 2 weeks than I ever remember. I think he can average 15 a game next year, combined with great defense.

Reaction Score
Also, once again: those who don't want Rodney back are freaking insane. Another good game even in a losing effort.

He was our best player today by far.

If he can work on getting to the rim and finishing and/or drawing fouls -- alongside the better-than-expected spot-up shooting from the perimeter he's already provided -- he'll be exactly the 2-guard we need alongside Adams and Gilbert.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Also gives us some muscle, that is lacking at other positions.

With another year of maturation there will be fewer turnovers& continued improvement in free throws and passing.

Reaction Score
He was our best player today by far.

If he can work on getting to the rim and finishing and/or drawing fouls -- alongside the better-than-expected spot-up shooting from the perimeter he's already provided -- he'll be exactly the 2-guard we need alongside Adams and Gilbert.
He also needs to work on his off-ball movement. Rodney never slips a defender to go backdoor - it's frustrating, because he's often overplayed.

As a team we were not good moving off-the-ball this past season. Hope it's something they work on for next year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
All the people who want Rodney gone must be in Cassells family. Cause you're out of your mind if you want Sam Jr. playing serious min. The Adams-Purvis-Gilbert guard rotation has serious potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom