Purvis NBA Deal | The Boneyard

Purvis NBA Deal

Reaction Score
He was maddening to me as a fan on so many occasions, but definitely rooting for him and would love to see him make it. Definitely a stand-up guy off the court and obviously would help with our fading NBA profile. Fingers crossed for him!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
In before specific posters mention that Purvis making the NBA would be an indictment on Ollie. I would be more happy for Rodney to make it than I have ever been for any player.

Why would a player making the NBA be an indictment on Ollie?

Reaction Score
Why would a player making the NBA be an indictment on Ollie?
The idea that he was never able to develop in 4 years here but another coach was able to develop him to be an NBA caliber player

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The idea that he was never able to develop in 4 years here but another coach was able to develop him to be an NBA caliber player

Where have you been? This is the board narrative

Do you guys know what the word "indictment" means?

Rodney making the NBA on a partially guaranteed deal is somehow a confirmation that KO is doing a bad job? What?

What other coach was able to "develop" him in the handful of months since he left UConn to now?

Who is possibly drawing these conclusions?

Reaction Score

Rodney making the NBA on a partially guaranteed deal is somehow a confirmation that KO is doing a bad job? What?

What other coach was able to "develop" him in the handful of months since he left UConn to now?

I predicted that jsm or others of his ilk would claim this is an indictment on KO's coaching ability, i.e. Rodney Purvis made the NBA when he never ever looked like an NBA player at UCONN. Lets move on. It was a cheap throw away comment on my part that was more of a criticism of some of our posters.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I predicted that jsm or others of his ilk would claim this is an indictment on KO's coaching ability, i.e. Rodney Purvis made the NBA when he never ever looked like an NBA player at UCONN. Lets move on. It was a cheap throw away comment on my part that was more of a criticism of some of our posters.

Fair enough. I'm just happy Rodney got a deal.

Reaction Score

I'm not saying I agree with it at all, but there's a small segment of posters who legitimately could. Or at least will post and pretend to

Reaction Score
As much as I bashed Rod, He always had 3 and D potential. He is a Langston Galloway clone and with his physical tools could work his way to an NBA roster as a 8th or 9th man on the roster.

There will no expectations of Rodney and that's when he plays best.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats to you RP
JSMH at all those who absolutely slayed the guy saying such stuff as the guy couldn't play in a Y league, etc. Some of those same are now sending love and kisses
This place is scary
Whether he makes it not, he has gone a lot further than most ever thought - the kid is a gamer and talk about someone who bleeds UConn blood - not sure there is a stronger UConn supporter who is a former player
I am rooting hard for this kid

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As much as I bashed Rod, He always had 3 and D potential. He is a Langston Galloway clone and with his physical tools could work his way to an NBA roster as a 8th or 9th man on the roster.

There will no expectations of Rodney and that's when he plays best.
I really appreciate the fact that you did bash him, admitted it, and gave him a bit of an "atta boy"

Reaction Score
Anyone have the current UConn / NBA roster???
Drummond, Gay, Napier, Lamb, Walker
Hamilton on a 2-way, Purvis with a camp invite/partial guarantee
DeAndre Daniels picked in the first round of the D league expansion draft this year, Roscoe Smith I think is still with the 87ers in the D league, Shonn Miller is still playing in the D league as well as after being a 1st round pick last year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom