Purvis - foul shots | The Boneyard

Purvis - foul shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
At the risk of incurring the 'announcer's curse' on Rodney, have you noticed that his foul shooting has been better lately? Since the Tulane game, the last 6 games, he's shooting 18-23, 78%. Do I remember correctly that, a couple of years ago, KO put in some work on foul shooting for the team and it significantly jumped their make percentage? Let's hope this keeps up for Purvis. With his ability to drive the lane, he can make a living from the foul line.

Reaction Score
If he could finish a little better those would be plus ones. I love his aggressiveness and that he draws fouls. But with his body, he should be able to absorb constant and finish.

Reaction Score
Well said geordi. He certainly looks a lot more confident at the line past few games. With Purvo's ability to attack the basket he should make a living at the FT line. Also, it seems clear to me KO is having the guys drive more instead of just passing around the perimeter like we did in November/December.

Reaction Score
he needs to fi
If he could finish a little better those would be plus ones. I love his aggressiveness and that he draws fouls. But with his body, he should be able to absorb constant and finish.
He needs to finish a lot better but his FTs were really important after Gibbs surprisingly missed a few.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
All around he looked pretty solid vs. GT. Gotta keep it up.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The team is #6 in the nation in FT percentage @ 76.5% ... and I like Purvis' improvements.

When we have a team that can shoot well from the stripe it usually spells good things. Now if only we can get them to get to the line more often ...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's no reason Purvis shouldn't be at least a respectable FT shooter. It really is all in his mind. Looks like he's simplified his routine lately at the line, and perhaps that has helped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom