Purvis defense | The Boneyard

Purvis defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see a lot of criticism about purvis on offense and I agree he is sloppy with the ball and seems indecisive on offense. But this kid can play elite defense. If this team is going to go far it is all about our defense. After watching the second half of our last game, rodney looked like a beast on defense. His ball denial was great, whoever he was defending couldn't get to their spots and was forced to pass the ball away. He does tend to gamble for steals a little too much, but that is fixable. With purvis, brimah, and boat, I feel they are one of the top defenders at their respective positions. On offense, I think purvis could be utilized better. Doesn't seem like ollie has used any complex offensive sets so far this year. But we can utilize a couple double screen sets for rodney and get a lot of easy points.

Reaction Score
Purvis is an elite athlete and seems to be a very willing defender. I think as time goes on Ollie will implement a few things to set him up for success on offense as well. He found a few different wrinkles last year for DD that got him going in a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom