Purvis and Adams | The Boneyard

Purvis and Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not convinced these two play well together. AG to me looked liked our true point guard. This made Jalen look more like a combo guard, comfortable at the 2. Which leaves Rodney solely as a 2G.

That said when its just Purvis and Adams out there I really don't get a good chemistry vibe (including last year). I hope I'm wrong because they are vets and will see a lot of floor time together. I just think that one of the two should be on the court. Maybe because both are primarily slashers and not facilitators (moreso Rodney). I'd prefer seeing JA (pg), TL (2g) over RP at the 2G with Jalen.

Its one game, new season but it did not look sharp for two guards that have played a whole season together. Anyone else getting this vibe?

Reaction Score
Gilbert needs to be out there for major minutes. I'd like to see he and Purvis out there together.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Sadly, I worried coming in about shooting & rebounding for this season. Shonn Miller was our MVP last year, just had a crap game vs Kansas. Tonight both problems, reared their ugly head. Somebody will need to do those tasks immediately or the starting spots are up for grabs. AL & Jalen are slashers. Rodney & Vance didn't help. A small team rebounded better. Equals disasters.

Reaction Score
Well AG played 35 minutes and Adams 37 minutes so basically they were on the court together for almost the whole game and still lost.

Reaction Score
Gilbert needs to be out there for major minutes. I'd like to see he and Purvis out there together.

This team will go as Adams goes. Go small, Gilbert, Adams, Purvis, Larrier and whoever the heck can rebound.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Purvis was awful.

2-7 from the floor, 0 assists, 0 steals, 4 turnovers, and burned on numerous occasions for wide open threes.

That's your 5th year senior McDonald's All American, folks.

As much as it breaks my heart, no way he gets starters minutes again without being efficient with the minutes he does get. Give his minutes to Vital and Jackson.

As for Adams, he had an atrocious shooting night, but at least he had five assists, a steal, and only 1 turnover. He gets tough love in practice, but no changes otherwise.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Purvis was awful.

2-7 from the floor, 0 assists, 0 steals, 4 turnovers, and burned on numerous occasions for wide open threes.

That's your 5th year senior McDonald's All American, folks.

As much as it breaks my heart, no way he gets starters minutes again without being efficient with the minutes he does get. Give his minutes to Vital and Jackson.

As for Adams, he had an atrocious shooting night, but at least he had five assists, a steal, and only 1 turnover. He gets tough love in practice, but no changes otherwise.
Maybe Rodney deserves at least a few games to show he is ready to be consistent, but he really hurt the team against Wagner. I'm afraid if KO moves him to the bench, he will take a nosedive in terms of confidence and motivation. I can see giving him less minutes and making it clear this team needs him to play a specific role that starts with defense and includes knowing when to pass the ball rather than trying to be the star. The awful turnovers and bad decisions have to stop one way or another.

Reaction Score
Maybe Rodney deserves at least a few games to show he is ready to be consistent, but he really hurt the team against Wagner. I'm afraid if KO moves him to the bench, he will take a nosedive in terms of confidence and motivation. I can see giving him less minutes and making it clear this team needs him to play a specific role that starts with defense and includes knowing when to pass the ball rather than trying to be the star. The awful turnovers and bad decisions have to stop one way or another.

Would love to see some consistency from Purvis. But sometime you are who you are and I think we've seen who he is.

Reaction Score
Would love to see some consistency from Purvis. But sometime you are who you are and I think we've seen who he is.

I have a little more faith in RP than a couple others but this could be our biggest issue, we have too many of these "they are what they are" kids. Hope it changes there's lots of time. I think we may still get something out of Rodney and I even believe there will be a bit more out of Kentan, maybe just not as a starter.

Reaction Score
I have a little more faith in RP than a couple others but this could be our biggest issue, we have too many of these "they are what they are" kids. Hope it changes there's lots of time. I think we may still get something out of Rodney and I even believe there will be a bit more out of Kentan, maybe just not as a starter.

Reaction Score
I have coached and you need to be patient with your players but I have not seen any improvement with our 3 seniors. They have been here for 4 years and still are the same players. If Facey and Brimah won't box out or rebound bench them. If Purvis continues to miss lay ups or has no court awareness bench him. Kids learn when their PT is taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom