Pure Luck | The Boneyard

Pure Luck

Reaction Score
As it happens, my wife and I recently moved from Connecticut to LA. For fathers day, we took two grandchildren and their parents to the Sparks game at the Staples Center.

The Phoenix Mystics were in town, featuring our own Diana Turasi.

So I was privileged to witness her breaking and establishing the new, all time WNBA scoring record. The game was stopped and even Kobe Bryant gave a salute to her accomplishment. Somehow, he had court side seats, while we were in the upper deck, but I digress.

In any case, the fans gave Diana a standing ovation, despite her being a feared enemy.

It was my first time in that venue, and I was really lucky to have a lasting memory of one of Uconn's all time great Lady Huskies.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it was a horrific game for the Mercury. Very lopsided. I was hoping for better from them this season.
You are so correct. The Mercury looked awful. Brittany was a non factor, and she should dominate. She missed far too many shots. Turasi is the entire team. I was shocked that they came in with a 6-4 record ( the Sparks were 7-3 ), and yet the score was 22-2 ( Sparks) before anyone could take a deep breath. I expected an evenly matched game. It wasn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom