Pups to play | The Boneyard

Pups to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Silver, HCBD has declared that both true frosh OGs will play against BYU.

Reaction Score
Something tells me HCBD is prepping for conference play.

Of course he wants to win the OOC games, but putting true frosh in on the OL, just to gain experience, is telling.

Reaction Score
I'm an amateur when it comes to football strategy but could the fact that BYU runs a no huddle-hurry up offense and leads the nation in plays per game require these guys to play just to keep the O-line fresh?

Reaction Score
My guess is we will see a lot of the 2s over the next 3 weeks. While we are thin on depth we are extremely thin on depth with experience. There is only one way I know to make up for the lack of experience across our 2s

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why not. I have to believe the staff is not going to send out a kid who is not ready.

Reaction Score
It's a bit of both. Yes, I am 100% convinced HCBD is eyeballing the conference schedule. These 3 games are "preseason " games.
But he wouldn't throw a guy out there and burn a redshirt if he couldn't contribute.

APA

Reaction Score
Disco is not thinking long term. He is out of here one way or the other in 3 years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think this is more a rotation thing to keep guys fresh. I'm getting the feeling that we're going run the football on most downs as the score allows. Ball control and wear down their D front. Do things like change the tempo of huddles and quick snaps. But definitely rotate guys on offense because, I think, the plan is to keep the ball as long as possible and we want to be fresher than their D.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Disco is not thinking long term. He is out of here one way or the other in 3 years.
This makes me think of the McLaughlin Group, at the end of the show when the panel makes random predictions like "HILLARY CLINTON WILL BE THE NEXT CHIEF OF THE WORLD BANK" or "ROMNEY WILL PICK ROB PORTMAN TO BE HIS RUNNING MATE". They can say anything and nobody will go back and check. (Well, except this website).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not a good sign.

Not a good sign that true frosh will be playing, but..........

It's a good sign that he's recognized a problem and tackling it head on. If we are weak on the inside the best players have to start getting reps. Take a few bumps now to develop depth. And start doing it sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom