Punk'd | The Boneyard

Punk'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's exactly what I thought last night. I have a lot more patience with our team the older I get and the more I realize how fortunate we have been for our unbelievable success. But I can't tolerate a lack of toughness. To my eyes, Boat is the only player with a sack on this team. I'm glad that at least he and KO understand that getting punked is unacceptable, but I think the rest of the team needs some time with Senhor.

“I can’t even repeat what he was saying,” Boatright said of Ollie’s postgame locker room lecture.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I thought last night. I have a lot more patience with our team the older I get and the more I realize how fortunate we have been for our unbelievable success. But I can't tolerate a lack of toughness. To my eyes, Boat is the only player with a sack on this team. I'm glad that at least he and KO understand that getting punked is unacceptable, but I think the rest of the team needs some time with Senhor.

“I can’t even repeat what he was saying,” Boatright said of Ollie’s postgame locker room lecture.

While I agree with most, Boat's sack is overrated too. He is the leader and he wasn't in the first half. No one gets a pass for last night, no one! It was backless as far as I'm concerned. You don't get a pass for making a bunch of shots down 12-14, sorry at least I won't give one.

Reaction Score
While I agree with most, Boat's sack is overrated too. He is the leader and he wasn't in the first half. No one gets a pass for last night, no one! It was backless as far as I'm concerned. You don't get a pass for making a bunch of shots down 12-14, sorry at least I won't give one.

Mau Boat is double teamed, tripled team, teams converge on him, bang him and do everything to disrupt and frustrate him. And this is every game. I think he frustrates easily especially when he looks around the huddle and thinks "WTF???" Don't let the that fool you, he is still a 'Chicago's Best' young kid with a huge ego (which is normal) getting bruised every game.

TSam or anyone else can take Boat off the ball, or even effectively rest him on the court or off. Ollie has been giving him more rest but he gets back in and the opponents suffocate him further, even throwing fresh players at him.

All our opponents know by now that you stop Boat and your chances of victory increase dramatically almost guaranteed. So every game plan is centered around Boat, and no one else on this team has thwarted that game plan. In fact no one else is even a reliable threat to be concerned about.

I think he is just overwhelmed and appearing frustrated. He just has no fkin help and is not good enough to single handily win games, especially with this supporting cast. In fact I don't think any other player in the nation past or present could.

As for leadership, well he's got an inexperienced group of soldiers, incapable of hitting the target. Hard to win wars with that.

He also doesn't appear to be having any fun this year, his last. That would be a sad way to end one's career. I pity the kid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Realistically, this team isn't that good. A lot of young talent, raw talent underneath, but not enough seasoned talent. The one thing that was constant about this team, was that they fought hard...I can't say that after last night. I don't mind a rebuilding year, that happens. It irritates the heck out of me though, when the team gets "punched in the mouth" and they lay down. That's what happened last night.

Reaction Score
Mau Boat is double teamed, tripled team, teams converge on him, bang him and do everything to disrupt and frustrate him. And this is every game. I think he frustrates easily especially when he looks around the huddle and thinks "WTF???" Don't let the that fool you, he is still a 'Chicago's Best' young kid with a huge ego (which is normal) getting bruised every game.

TSam or anyone else can take Boat off the ball, or even effectively rest him on the court or off. Ollie has been giving him more rest but he gets back in and the opponents suffocate him further, even throwing fresh players at him.

All our opponents know by now that you stop Boat and your chances of victory increase dramatically almost guaranteed. So every game plan is centered around Boat, and no one else on this team has thwarted that game plan. In fact no one else is even a reliable threat to be concerned about.

I think he is just overwhelmed and appearing frustrated. He just has no fkin help and is not good enough to single handily win games, especially with this supporting cast. In fact I don't think any other player in the nation past or present could.

As for leadership, well he's got an inexperienced group of soldiers, incapable of hitting the target. Hard to win wars with that.

He also doesn't appear to be having any fun this year, his last. That would be a sad way to end one's career. I pity the kid.

He does and I will give him that. But he caught the ball in the first half and had open looks, turned them down to try something else multiple times. They were the same looks he suddenly made in the 2nd half and he also turned it over in the first half as much as anyone. I love what Boat has been to this team and is better than I expected. And yeah he has a ton of inexperience around him, I get that. I actually also believe he handles the frustrations pretty well considering his expectations. My point is only he was awful in the first half and in no way does he get a pass from me. He made the same stupid mistakes (jumping in the air to pass, driving baseline with no plan etc ) in the first half as others like DHam and TSam. He's the leader, he can't do that when the ship is sinking.

I agree he's not having fun, but he's feeling a lot like our fans - high expectations and suddenly - Ugggghhhh

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I try to be a supportive fan, whether we are good or not. But that was not a rockfight...more like a stoning.
Geese can hit pretty hard with their beaks. Just remember to maintain eye contact (like mentioned above). That is probably the most important rule when facing down a goose (or any number of them, they like to fight in packs.) Also another important strategy is to spread your lats out, this will intimidate them. If the challenge is accepted the goose will spread its wings out as a sign to commence battle. The best way to start off the fight is to run straight at it and flap your arms while still spreading your lats (hard to do, but easily accomplished with a few weeks training.) The goose will either be scared off at this point, or ready to take you on. If the latter is true, prepare for a long fight because once a goose decided to attack, he's in it to win it.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
What I can't understand is this...

Echoed Hamilton: “We came out with no energy."

HOW CAN YOU COME OUT WITH NO ENERGY?!?! It's a freaking broken record, they use this same excuse every god damn time! How much more motivation does a team need than knowing if they don't come out with energy, their post season hopes could be over? I just don't get it. If I were playing, I would have such a sense of urgency that I would be at the point of exhaustion. I just don't get it. Maybe they should drink some energy drinks before the game? Idk...

Reaction Score

HOW CAN YOU COME OUT WITH NO ENERGY?!?! It's a freaking broken record, they use this same excuse every god damn time! How much more motivation does a team need than knowing if they don't come out with energy, their post season hopes could be over? I just don't get it. If I were playing, I would have such a sense of urgency that I would be at the point of exhaustion. I just don't get it. Maybe they should drink some energy drinks before the game? Idk...
Sorry a lethargic team is the responsibility of the coaching staff. Anyone who doesn't want to play shouldn't play. Do anyone think DHam is going to get to the NBA sitting on the bench. Even if you play the walk-ons and get blown out, it will be a wake up call to NBA aspirants to get their butts in gear and play or they can kiss their NBA dreams goodbye.

Reaction Score

Sorry a lethargic team is the responsibility of the coaching staff. Anyone who doesn't want to play shouldn't play. Do anyone think DHam is going to get to the NBA sitting on the bench. Even if you play the walk-ons and get blown out, it will be a wake up call to NBA aspirants to get their butts in gear and play or they can kiss their NBA dreams goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom