PTI Wishes Sanogo Happy Birthday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PTI Wishes Sanogo Happy Birthday

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Sanogo had to leave college because he was ineligible to make NIL money at UConn due to stupid NCAA rules. As soon as he left he signed a deal with Sunoco for a million dollars (plus or minus).

The NBA portion of his two-way deal would be worth (about) 2 million dollars if he plays a certain number of games (which he hasn't). His G-league salary is reportly worth 50-100 thousand. He probably got some sort of bonus for his brief promotion to the NBA. He also gets per diem and other perks that don't amount to much.

Still his Sunoco deal is nothing to sense at and he wouldn't have it if he was still in school.
Also, we had a talent surplus at the Center position. Donovan wasn't about to be his backup for a second year in a row and we heard rumors that someone was going to be the odd man out.

Reaction Score
I thought 2 way contracts just paid like 510k regardless of where you are playing.

I tried to verify that but couldn't. His contract numbers are under wraps. I actually read on one web site that the NBA portion of his deal was 2.5 million but it was only one report. He was signed as a free agent, so the rookie salary scale would not apply to him. So who knows?

I have also red different numbers on his Sunoco money. It was as low as 775 thousand and as high as 1.5 milllion. Again, who knows?

In any case, that is a fortune in his home country of Mali. It is second poorest country in the world. The average skilled worker’s annual salary is approximately $1,500, however, half of the Malian population lives below the international poverty line of $1.25/day.

I certainly wish Adama all the success in the world.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had to leave college because he was ineligible to make NIL money at UConn due to stupid NCAA rules. As soon as he left he signed a deal with Sunoco for a million dollars (plus or minus).

The NBA portion of his two-way deal would be worth (about) 2 million dollars if he plays a certain number of games (which he hasn't). His G-league salary is reportly worth 50-100 thousand. He probably got some sort of bonus for his brief promotion to the NBA. He also gets per diem and other perks that don't amount to much.

Still his Sunoco deal is nothing to sense at and he wouldn't have it if he was still in school.
Not how 2 way contracts work, players are paid one salary for their time in both leagues. Adama is making $559,782 this year

Reaction Score
Not how 2 way contracts work, players are paid one salary for their time in both leagues. Adama is making $559,782 this year
Could you source that for me? I've looked at a number of contract, net worth and reference sites and most have him at 50-100 thousand.

Reaction Score
Could you source that for me? I've looked at a number of contract, net worth and reference sites and most have him at 50-100 thousand.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

While it’s true he did it after the season finished, NIL rules had nothing to do with that. He could have done that deal and came back if he decided that’s what he wanted to do…

The issue for international students is their visas prohibit them from “actively” earning money in the US while there are here on student visas.

A number of international students get around this by doing their NIL stuff off shores (which if you remember the photo shoot associated with the Sunoco deal it was shot in the Caribbean).

For example, before last season Kentucky took a trip to the Bahamas in the summer so Oscar Tsibwe could do a bunch of NIL deals.

Guys can also make passive money, for example, jersey sales. But they aren’t allowed to even promote their own jersey sales on their social media because then it would be considered “work”.

Surprisingly, for once it isn’t the NCAA causing the issues when it comes to NIL restrictions for international students.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Right. The sooner he left, the sooner he was able to get money to his family. I see him giving the NBA a try for a couple years and if it doesn't work; I see him scoring 20 points a game overseas for a decade.
When I saw a tape of the extreme third world little village, he came from I was floored. Makes his accomplishments and will to win a testament to his heart and character. I happened to see a video yesterday of a documentary type interview with Jim Palmer on YouTube (Undeniable was show name) and it included his commentary on Roberto Clemente and how in awe he was of Clemente and how it was no shame to lose to a team with the domination Clemente displayed in that World Series. Clemente the man giving his life for the poor in the plane carrying food displayed his character in the same fashion. There are some incredibly inspiring stories in the world of sports.

Reaction Score
With Sonogo back our squad would be in the discussion with 96 Kentucky as best team ever... or best in our lifetime... or however the debate is framed.

By the way, I think our 96 team with Moore outplays Kentucky on Monday night. Maybe our 96 squad loses 7 out of 10 against that Kentucky team, but I think that Monday night a healthy Connecticut team comes to play like they did against Nova earlier in the year and wins.

Reaction Score
You can’t assure the same chemistry, Johnson wouldn’t have this time to prove himself, and you’re also short a scholarship for current squad. You keeping Sanogo and not able to bring in Spencer? I’ll take him leaving for this team makeup 100/100 times.
If Adoma comes back there is no way Hurley convices Samson to stay. There's your Scholarship.

Reaction Score
If Adoma comes back there is no way Hurley convices Samson to stay. There's your Scholarship.
Then I’m happy with what we have, bc Samson is getting his year like Clingan did last year and next year he shines. If he leaves we’re left completely untested at the 5. Sanogo doesn’t make this team much better, or at all better frankly, than Samson does. Probably an unpopular take but it’s my belief.

Reaction Score
Then I’m happy with what we have, bc Samson is getting his year like Clingan did last year and next year he shines. If he leaves we’re left completely untested at the 5. Sanogo doesn’t make this team much better, or at all better frankly, than Samson does. Probably an unpopular take but it’s my belief.
I agree it was time for Sanogo to go and give the younger guys their opportunity to shine, but let's not get crazy. Trading Sanogo for Samson would make this team significantly better, and that's not a knock on Samson. Sanogo would be one of the best players in the country if he came back

Reaction Score
I agree it was time for Sanogo to go and give the younger guys their opportunity to shine, but let's not get crazy. Trading Sanogo for Samson would make this team significantly better, and that's not a knock on Samson. Sanogo would be one of the best players in the country if he came back
Hell, he was the best player in the Country at the only point in the season that mattered. He shares that title with Shabazz, Kemba, Emeka, and Rip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom