PSU RB Silas Redd to USC | The Boneyard

PSU RB Silas Redd to USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i put some effort in today, not even gonna lie about it. between the machine and being on the phone thru a friend. good luck to silas at usc if he picks them, hope he kills it with barkley and we see him in the bcs ship game. i can't even front that would be great for him. we are in it with a few others tho from what i sniff. 1 local and 1 nj kid possibly for starters i was told mentioned uconn already. it would be amazing if we landed 1 or 2 guys at least.

Reaction Score
OF course every school is going to want Silas Redd, hoping he will want to come back to his state U with his boy Khairi.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
http://www.thehour.com/sports/penn-...cle_697da105-167d-54fa-9ffb-939bbdd64469.html

There's no way he would make this kind of commitment in a matter of hours. If you're talking about USC, you're talking about a cross-country situation entirely different from what he's been used to his whole life. As someone who's made the trek from CT to LA, it's not a spur of the moment decision and a lot factors in. By all accounts, this is a kid who is grounded with a good head on his shoulders and very close with his family.

As his father says here, he's going to step back, breathe, and make a sound decision that is best for him. I hope that means he goes home, but either way, he'll make the state proud.

And if he's reading this, Silas, nobody likes USC kids in LA. Don't believe the hype, they all get talked on them behind their backs.

Good luck kid

Reaction Score
I don't see anything official. Just an article from ESPN saying that USC is "interested" in Redd. So is every other D-1A school.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't see anything official. Just an article from ESPN saying that USC is "interested" in Redd. So is every other D-1A school.

That's what I saw too, and it said it was updated after 11pm tonight. I'm doubting that Redd and USC are dealing deep into the night, even if it is Pacific time zone...

Reaction Score
per ESPN

Not even close to what ESPN reported.

ESPN said USC was pursuing Redd....it gave no indication if Redd was even interested in leaving.

The part I find interesting is PP indicated yesterday that the kid had to make first contact with the school, which does not seem to to reconcile with LK's understanding.

Reaction Score
FrostyNuggets said:
The part I find interesting is PP indicated yesterday that the kid had to make first contact with the school, which does not seem to to reconcile with LK's understanding

USC contacted PSU and told them that they wanted SIlas Redd. Schools seem to be able to make the first move if they choose to do that in this case. PP is right about the process in most situations.

Reaction Score
Not even close to what ESPN reported.

ESPN said USC was pursuing Redd....it gave no indication if Redd was even interested in leaving.

The part I find interesting is PP indicated yesterday that the kid had to make first contact with the school, which does not seem to to reconcile with LK's understanding.

It looks as if the normal contact rules have been suspended in the PSU case. The following excerpt is from the NCAA article linked below.
Permission-to-contact rules will be suspended. Penn State cannot restrict in any way a student-athlete from pursuing a possible transfer. Student-athletes must simply inform Penn State of their interest in discussing transfer options with other schools. Interested schools also must inform Penn State of their intention to open discussions with the student-athlete.

Reaction Score
And don't forget ....

Teams such as Ohio State and USC that are on scholarship limits because of NCAA infractions must not exceed its limit, which is 75 at both schools, regardless if any Penn State player wants to attend that university.​

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are 123 teams that would take Redd. Wasn't there a story today he was playing out season looking towards the draft.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
And don't forget ....

Teams such as Ohio State and USC that are on scholarship limits because of NCAA infractions must not exceed its limit, which is 75 at both schools, regardless if any Penn State player wants to attend that university.

Lane Kiffin would cut someone tomorrow to replace them with Redd. Urban would too.

Reaction Score
I sure hope he doesn't end up playing for Lane Kiffin. Is it really a step up from the character issues that messed things up at PSU?

Reaction Score
I sure hope he doesn't end up playing for Lane Kiffin. Is it really a step up from the character issues that messed things up at PSU?

Yes. Harboring a pedophile is a tad worse than cheating or not living up to your word, imo.

Reaction Score
I really dislike Kiffin but I'm sick and tired of people flippantly comparing other people and situations to the Penn State situation. Many kids were raped because of the actions/non actions of the leaders at Penn State, comparing stuff that happens at other schools to the Penn State situation comes across as minimizing the evil that went on in Happy Valley.

Reaction Score
Lane Kiffin would cut someone tomorrow to replace them with Redd. Urban would too.
Pasqualoni and about 99% of the rest of the coaches in the country would too.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni and about 99% of the rest of the coaches in the country would too.

99% of the coaches in the country wouldn't have to though. USC and Ohio St. are not allowed to exceed the scholarship restrictions that other schools are exempt from in taking PSU transfers. That was the main reason I called those two out (in response to another post about Redd not being able to go to USC). They are both scumbags though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom