PSSSSTT Geno: We Know Already | The Boneyard

PSSSSTT Geno: We Know Already

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Auriemma, 1,040 wins, 19 Final Fours, 11 national titles and all, is running out of answers when it comes to divvying up playing time for UConn’s bench.

"Auriemma didn’t fall into this predicament last minute. A confluence of factors — from injuries to misfires in recruiting — gradually led him to this unsettling spot.

“Circumstances tend to conspire to put you where you are,” he said. “So, in the whole recruiting process and the whole planning your team out, I don’t know that when we recruited a few of the guys that are in our second group, that we envisioned that early in their careers or at some point in their careers they’d be the sixth guy off the bench or the seventh guy off the bench. I don’t think that was how we approached it.

“I think we approached it as, we need to develop these kids, and if we do, great, they’re going to give us some depth. And if they don’t, then they’re going to struggle with playing time.”

Women’s Basketball: Geno, Huskies trying to find the right fit

Reaction Score
"Auriemma, 1,040 wins, 19 Final Fours, 11 national titles and all, is running out of answers when it comes to divvying up playing time for UConn’s bench.

"Auriemma didn’t fall into this predicament last minute. A confluence of factors — from injuries to misfires in recruiting — gradually led him to this unsettling spot.

“Circumstances tend to conspire to put you where you are,” he said. “So, in the whole recruiting process and the whole planning your team out, I don’t know that when we recruited a few of the guys that are in our second group, that we envisioned that early in their careers or at some point in their careers they’d be the sixth guy off the bench or the seventh guy off the bench. I don’t think that was how we approached it.

“I think we approached it as, we need to develop these kids, and if we do, great, they’re going to give us some depth. And if they don’t, then they’re going to struggle with playing time.”

Women’s Basketball: Geno, Huskies trying to find the right fit
Maybe if Geno sidestepped the presser or refused to talk about What wasn't in recruiting or Bench. We and the Media may follow suit. If one whines others whine.
Geno needs to say about recruiting: That subject has been well talked about--it is what it is, end of discussion. Because recruiting is what it is--we are hoping behind the scenes Uc is beating bushes--all we need to know is those coming --not those that never were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin
Top Bottom