OT: - PSA - Time Change 2020 in the United States | The Boneyard

OT: PSA - Time Change 2020 in the United States

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mar 8, 2020 - Don't Forget, Daylight Saving Time Starts Tomorrow Morning. Turn your clocks and watches FORWARD 1 hour.
When local standard time is about to reach
Sunday, March 8, 2020, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, March 8, 2020, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead.

1583593472835.png

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They need to stop this, AZ doesn't change at all and everyone that I know that lives there love it. I lived in Indiana when something like 17 Counties stayed the same year around and it was great. Now because of the idiots in DC made the whole state be the same. They did a study of those 17 Counties and discovered that "IT DIDN'T save energy, on average the costs was almost $400 more than the previous year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They need to stop this, AZ doesn't change at all and everyone that I know that lives there love it. I lived in Indiana when something like 17 Counties stayed the same year around and it was great. Now because of the idiots in DC made the whole state be the same. They did a study of those 17 Counties and discovered that "IT DIDN'T save energy, on average the costs was almost $400 more than the previous year.
Of anything to have a gripe over, Daylight Savings vs. Standard time is so far down the list, it's probably shouldn't even be on it.

Reaction Score
I live in AZ and it's 10 times harder for us to keep track of than for everyone who changes time. I used to work internationally a lot, so I had to keep track of time zones all over the world (get up early to deal with Europe, stay up late to deal with Asia, remember there's only 1 time zone in China and that India is 9-1/2 hours ahead of New York, etc, etc). All that was much easier than living in AZ and having to figure out what time is is everywhere else - even Denver and Boise, etc, in our OWN time zone - based on what time of year it is.

In AZ we don't use daylight savings because we already have WAY too much sunlight. But it doesn't do you any good either, and your switching back & forth drives us nuts. So just stop it, OK?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to put the clocks forward. Without daylight savings time, it would start getting light out at 3:45-4 AM, and the sun would be fully up by 4:15-4:30 during the summer months. Who wants that?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
some research shows that it kills folks, losing that hour of sleep. traffic accidents up. Heart attacks... it's something to review: the reasons for and its actual impact.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer staying on EDST all year round. i.e. AST.
There's one crackpot politician in the state legislature that keeps pushing for that. It requires Massachusetts and Rhode Island to do the same before it goes anywhere, so it's basically never going to happen. I think Massachusetts has the same situation in trying to join AST. It would be too confusing though in the NY metro area with the Connecticut side being in a different time zone, but hey the MTA could advertise time travel as a feature of Metro North.

Reaction Score

I agree completely. This time of year I am so grateful to live in Arizona. I have enough challenges getting a full night's sleep without this nonsense.

I have a son who lives in Cochise County in Southeastern Arizona 7 miles from the New Mexico border. He works in New Mexico. This time of year is a real nightmare for him and his family as he goes to and from work.

Reaction Score
For a year or two we kept daylight savings time year round. Loved it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Happily enjoy being in Arizona. However, it does get confusing - for the early part of the football season, games on TV start at 9AM on Saturday, then all of a sudden it is 10. And that's trivial, compared to folks you need to call out of state and that sort of thing.

Reaction Score

Regardless of the controversy or the apparent negative effects of daylight savings time it's not going anywhere.

Ronald Reagan said the closest thing to immortality it's a government program. How true. Robert Higgs has described the expansion of government programs over time as the rachet effect. Part of the mechanism that Higgs describes says that while government programs might receed they never ever go away.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mar 8, 2020 - Don't Forget, Daylight Saving Time Starts Tomorrow Morning. Turn your clocks and watches FORWARD 1 hour.
When local standard time is about to reach
Sunday, March 8, 2020, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, March 8, 2020, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead.

View attachment 51687
Thanks for the reminder Carnac. Ever since last Oct. I've been an hour late for every meeting I've had.

Reaction Score
Of anything to have a gripe over, Daylight Savings vs. Standard time is so far down the list, it's probably shouldn't even be on it.
Husky, Husky, Husky. It would probably be best if you stayed away from the posts of 1 ply vs 2 ply.

Reaction Score
I agree completely. This time of year I am so grateful to live in Arizona. I have enough challenges getting a full night's sleep without this nonsense.

I have a son who lives in Cochise County in Southeastern Arizona 7 miles from the New Mexico border. He works in New Mexico. This time of year is a real nightmare for him and his family as he goes to and from work.
Cochise County - What a great name for a county.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Husky, Husky, Husky. It would probably be best if you stayed away from the posts of 1 ply vs 2 ply.
Big Tyler Phommachanh is just stealing from anyone who buys single ply.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom