PSA - If you're going to the UConn-ND game... | The Boneyard

PSA - If you're going to the UConn-ND game...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Plan on a long wait to get into the arena. Every person entering is scanned with a wand and all purses searched. If you bring a backpack or large purse, you won't be allowed entry - see UConn Bag Policy

You should allow at least 20 minutes to get through security and I'm not kidding. It's annoying but that is our reality these days.

Reaction Score
Plan on a long wait to get into the arena. Every person entering is scanned with a wand and all purses searched. If you bring a backpack or large purse, you won't be allowed entry - see UConn Bag Policy

You should allow at least 20 minutes to get through security and I'm not kidding. It's annoying but that is our reality these days.
At Pauley Pavillion, almost all bags ( including purses) had to be left at a check-coat facility. They let you remove valuables and gave a clear plastic bag for that. You had to stand in line to leave it and then retrieve it. A lot more convenient to watch on TV, but seeing the game there was a treat.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sadly, it is the world today. Like everywhere, if you travel. Terror groups can’f really “win” in America in the absolute way, but, apart from the horrible murders, their broad impact has been in causing annoyance for what used to be taken for granted in freedom of movement.

The same security measures were implemented this year for UConn football. You will live through it, but it will take some extra entry time.

Reaction Score
At Pauley Pavillion, almost all bags ( including purses) had to be left at a check-coat facility. They let you remove valuables and gave a clear plastic bag for that. You had to stand in line to leave it and then retrieve it. A lot more convenient to watch on TV, but seeing the game there was a treat.
Yep. And they wonder why attendance is dropping at sporting events. Let's see: traffic, parking, being treated like a criminal just to enter, high priced concessions. Think I'll just stay home and watch it on my 85 inch ultra HD flat screen on my comfy couch and kitchen stocked with all my favorite snacks and no TSA agent.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yep. And they wonder why attendance is dropping at sporting events. Let's see: traffic, parking, being treated like a criminal just to enter, high priced concessions. Think I'll just stay home and watch it on my 85 inch ultra HD flat screen on my comfy couch and kitchen stocked with all my favorite snacks and no TSA agent.
It will be an NCAA tourney-type atmosphere which is unbelievable for fans. But I would rather know some whackadoo sitting behind me isn't packing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Agreed. Everything you stated is correct. I attended the game too. The long lines to check in a bag, the heavy traffic in both directions I had to endure, but it was all worth It. If the team can travel 2500 miles or so to come here, I can travel 400 miles, and deal with rush hour traffic. I can't begin to say how much I enjoyed watching UConn in person, and win. The last game I attended was against Stanford in 2014. This one was much more enjoyable and memorable. I wish I could attend today's game. I'd gladly endure a long line or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom