Providence recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence recruiting

Reaction Score
So funny to watch the fanboy reaction to him here. He had an okay season. They leaned on Carter for everything and he was a special player. He's funny and engaging with the media. That's really it.

And if he actually is any good? He'll be gone in 2-3 seasons.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see UConn get the best recruits / portal players it seems that coach English has some positive things going on at Providence. Any Big East team that can get better via recruiting, good coaching, etc will make the Big East conference the toughest in the country. It's funny how some things come full circle.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It seems like it. Georgetown should take a hard look at him.
Georgetown ( with a big helping hand from Cooley) is in the process of putting the final nail in the coffin of their “brand”. They won’t even be able to attract mid coaches very soon. They have really killed thrmselves. I don’t think there is any avenue for a real turn around for them. The best they can hope for is .500 seasons.

Reaction Score
Georgetown ( with a big helping hand from Cooley) is in the process of putting the final nail in the coffin of their “brand”. They won’t even be able to attract mid coaches very soon. They have really killed thrmselves. I don’t think there is any avenue for a real turn around for them. The best they can hope for is .500 seasons.

No argument there. And PC will continue to be the stepping stone for up and coming coaches.

Reactions: caw

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No argument there. And PC will continue to be the stepping stone for up and coming coaches.

In that I don't think that PC will be Kim English's last job in College coaching, I agree with you.

Reaction Score
This. When your conference is fighting for it's place as a bball destination amongst all the lazy, Mr. Pennybag Conglomerates, our old enemies are now our strictest allies. Any good for the big east is good for us.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Reaction Score
Now that Jones is committed to Providence, he’s looking to recruit a few players to join him. Specifically, Jones named his AAU and high school teammate — four-star point guard Jalen Reece — and four-star small forward Jaylen Harrell of Expressions Elite.

“I’m trying to get them two guys to commit,” Jones said. “Let’s do it.”

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I feel we need for PC to become good.

Our current entertainment arrangement with them right now is quite boring and too predictable.
I view nothing, as it pertains to our men's basketball program within its current state to be boring.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Going to be funny when Villanova fires Neptune and hires him
Villanova is staring directly at quite a dilemma. The last time the went 'outside of the family' to hire a head coach was when the landed Rollie more than fifty years ago. Jay is still a pretty significant figure there so I don't see the school being too willing to move on from his legacy, especially with the ridiculous amount of success he brought them, but I don't think there is a viable candidate who also qualifies as a Jay Wright guy.

It wouldn't surprise me of they continue to hope Neptune figures things out until he causes enough damage where Jay gives his blessing to hire someone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom