Providence Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Finally got to watch the game in its entirety. It was on but we had people to entertain. My thought is there is no better entertainment than watching a UConn game. Actually there is no better entertainment than watching me watching UConn. Two thoughts Danny was right to complain about the call on Castle. Oduro stuck his arse out and hip checked him into the ball handler. The moving pick that SJ picked up a few minutes later was less egregious but called. The second is what was the tech on PC. I listened a few times and still don't know
UConn is (almost) ruining watching college basketball for me. The way they run offense is masterful. their “team above individual” culture is unparalleled. It’s torturous watching most teams now.

Reaction Score
Attending the first open practice was a real treat. If you are close by and they offer an open practice to the public, I suggest going. But I think only Season ticket holders can go. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
They had one practice for donors at Gampel and a true open practice at St. Joseph’s in West Hartford.

I do agree about attending one. I went
To the one at Gampel. Hurley did some Q&A. He was surprisingly honest and open.

Reaction Score
They had one practice for donors at Gampel and a true open practice at St. Joseph’s in West Hartford.

I think you flip flopped. I don't have season tickets any more and went to the practice at Gampel with my 3-year-old niece. She definitely does not have season tickets lol.

Reaction Score

I think you flip flopped. I don't have season tickets any more and went to the practice at Gampel with my 3-year-old niece. She definitely does not have season tickets lol.

July 29th @ Calhoun Gymnasium season ticket holders.

October 7th @ Gampel MVP level donors or higher.

October 25th @ Gampel Blue-White night.

Reaction Score
We were at the game almost 1hr early and watched UConn’s big men warm up. They were doing post moves, bump drives, spin moves and finished with passes for dunks off the backboard. UConn was on the court for a good 10+ minutes after the providence team left. The joy and camaraderie were palpable. A true team.

Also Samson’s legs are pogo sticks!

Reaction Score
July 29th @ Calhoun Gymnasium season ticket holders.

October 7th @ Gampel MVP level donors or higher.

October 25th @ Gampel Blue-White night.
Thanks. I thought the one at st Joe’s was open to the public. I went to the MVP+ practice in October.

Reaction Score
Once UConn started its run, Providence was more focused on trying to get Clingan in foul trouble than actually running any sort of offense. English was a bit of a whiny little bitch in the postgame, complaining that Oduro’s 2nd wasn’t a foul but implying that the refs should have called more fouls on Clingan. Hurley makes plenty of comments but English harped on it
Over and over.

Reaction Score
English was a bit of a whiny little bitch in the postgame, complaining that Oduro’s 2nd wasn’t a foul but implying that the refs should have called more fouls on Clingan.
I feel like he needs to go back and rewatch that second foul. From the reaction, even Oduro knew he fouled Newton right before it was called. Had both hands on Newton during the drive and then shot them both straight up to try to avoid the call.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that tech was weird - they haven't been good all season explaining them or even acknowledging all of them. I assume it was similar to DH's.

That Clingan 3, I started laughing so hard. What a way to end a (regular) season! Can't wait to see what they do next.
When he made the 3, my thought was we’re just rubbing it in now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't understand the vitriol from UConn fans.
Because PC and UConn never played when you were at UConn. Have you ever went to a game at the PCC? Have you ever left a game after UConn lost? You live 100's of miles away so I imagine your contact with PC fans is limited. I think these are a few reasons you don't understand.

Reaction Score
Because PC and UConn never played when you were at UConn. Have you ever went to a game at the PCC? Have you ever left a game after UConn lost? You live 100's of miles away so I imagine your contact with PC fans is limited. I think these are a few reasons you don't understand.
Loudest game i ever went to was PC at Gampel when PC had Michael Smith and Rob Phelps. My fingers were buzzing it was so loud in there.

Reaction Score
When he made the 3, my thought was we’re just rubbing it in now.
I don’t get why the called off the dogs with about 5 minutes to play. Seemed very unHurley like honestly. Let Provdence cut the lead from 28 to 14. We should have won by 35 not 14. Don’t get why we kicked the heck out of other teams but took it easy on the Friars. I want them to basically be afraid to come out of the locker room if they have to play us again this year. Instead they now think they have a shot. They didn’t, but athletes are funny and convince themselves of things.

The other problem is UConn is kind of boring when they get teams under control like this. I mean with 25 minutes left in the game there was no doubt about the outcome. only question was the score.

Reaction Score
The animosity runs deep and long.

From 1990:

Three Providence College players were assessed technical fouls during their game against Connecticut Saturday--Eric Murdock, for spitting at Tate George; Marvin Saddler, for punching Rod Sellers in the back of the head, and Marty Conlon, for cursing an official.

I was at that game. If I recall correctly, Henefeld hit a late bucket to give us the win.

Reaction Score

I've only driven through Providence. I grew up in a family of UConn, members of my immediately family, my in-laws, numerous cousins, nieces and nephews, and, of course, many friends have gone through Storrs. I attended my first UConn basketball game when I was in grade school. I've attend Pee Cee games not in Providence. I remember when UConn Pee Cee meant a great deal, beating them in '76 was huge.

I was a young obnoxious drunk in stadiums all over this country. Had shouting and shoving matches (no punches) in post game parking lots. I've had the shoe on the other foot. But even then, when it was over it was over. At this point considering the bifurcation of our programs, the fact anyone can be so upset at frairboys, well, it just seems silly. But you are right. I don't understand why anyone would care what they think, do, or say.

Reaction Score
I had to watch the second half on mute on Saturday, but just saw a clip around when Clingan hit his 3

VERY clear “lets go huskies” chants as Oduro missed a dunk, Clingan lines up a three, nails it, and the place goes crazy

Just double checking that was a road game?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
my guess was English tried to do what Hurley did but he timed it wrong at a timeout break. Hurley's was well-timed, and after he got the tech, the refs clearly changed how they were calling the game. I'm sure that pissed off English, and he was probably bitchg that that is exactly what happened.

This is the first time since he got here that he took a Calhoun technical. Tactical instead of losing his cool. It absolutely affected how the rest of the game was called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom