Providence Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Team doesn’t do the little things. Don’t box out, miss free throws, got eaten up on the defensive hedge. Can’t shoot, and can’t/don’t attack the hoop, that’s a bad combination. Seems to me this team likes to spot up for threes and can’t grasp the fact that they can’t hit them.
Cold and Whaley ( I think) missed 4 FT’s. In the last 4 minutes. Even if the team made half of those they missed this game could have looked different in the end. A long time ago in the last ice age Calhoun got so pizzerias at missed foul shots he made the team practice foul shots until they smartened up. I think it was during the Donny Marshall era.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Offensively, we have to many players that defer to others and look afraid to make plays. The ones that have the courage to do something aren’t always good enough to bail them out.

Idk if this changes except through recruiting unfortunately
Or portal.

Reaction Score
More and more I'm starting to understand why Sanogo doesn't pass it. No one can consistently make a shot
Wasn’t ole the only one making shots today, You have a very valid point.

Reaction Score
After cutting it to 2 with the ball with 40 seconds left in the game… Martin jacks up a contested 3… Gaffney wastes 20 seconds off the clock dribbling at the top of the key and passes it to Cole for a contested 3… and Polley misses a contested 3. This team doesn’t know how to win close games.
Disagree - Cole had a good look but simply missed it.

Reaction Score
Never been more embarrassed to be a part of this university. They will never see a dime from me. Pathetic.
I thought the whole reason you guys decided to nuke your football program was so you could get to play Providence at home in basketball....

Reaction Score
We may have 3 losses but I haven't seen a team beat us yet.
We seem to do a good job of doing that to ourselves.
Suicide by lack of defense, lack of offense, lack of confidence. I have been yapping about lack of confidence for a while here.

Reaction Score
I thought the whole reason you guys decided to nuke your football program was so you could get to play Providence at home in basketball....
Should you be on route 2 or 95 heading back to Pridence by now? LOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gaffney looks like a deer in headlights at the end of close games. This is the second game he’s done that (MSU) and it’s cost us. Just completely afraid/paralyzed to do anything assertive. He can’t be in there at the end of close games period.
He just burns way, way too much clock. And I’d rather have Diggins making freshman mistakes.

Reaction Score
A quick stat, the bench shot 1-13 today (Hawk, Polley and Gaff) and yet I believe all three were in for the final couple of minutes. That lineup will not win any close games. Having Gaff and Polley just kills whatever offense we have. No movement and no sense of urgency.

Reaction Score
I'm officially worried about Diggins and to a lesser extent Samson. They didn't come to UConn to sit their entire freshman season.
it would make sense if the players in front of them were lighting it up and we were winning these types of games. but we've looked awful outside of a few games and if I were them I'd be pissed.

Reaction Score
A quick stat, the bench shot 1-13 today (Hawk, Polley and Gaff) and yet I believe all three were in for the final couple of minutes. That lineup will not win any close games. Having Gaff and Polley just kills whatever offense we have. No movement and no sense of urgency.
This may be a crazy take but might be time to put Hawk in the starting lineup so he gets comfortable out there. Our second if not first best scorer after Cole. May have to make the investment now for returns in March. Move Ajax to the 3

Reaction Score
I agree and with that. Hawkins take some shots and start creating something. Martin will get better with more game time and we will have Sanogo but we need someone else to step up for us be our Reeves from Providence.
We need a pure shooter to ice a rally and or fuel a comeback for us. We need a shooter to hit threes at crucial times and demoralize the other team. We need a shooter to answer a two pointer with a 3. We cannot just trade baskets. A bit of defense wouldn’t either.

Reaction Score
This may be a crazy take but might be time to put Hawk in the starting lineup so he gets comfortable out there. Our second if not first best scorer after Cole. May have to make the investment now for returns in March. Move Ajax to the 3
Hawkins hasn't even played well. He's had his chances. I want to see more of Samson and Sool.

Reaction Score
I agree and I believe the Hawk has the skill but lacks the self confidence.

Reaction Score
IMHO he hasn’t played well because he’s been an alpha his whole life. Now hes a role player. He’s confused
I think he's confused because he's been an alpha and he isn't playing well. Doesn't have to do with being a role player. Has to do with confidence and poor play. He's not adjusted to college basketball yet. He'll get there but right now he's not the answer.

Reaction Score
IMHO he hasn’t played well because he’s been an alpha his whole life. Now hes a role player. He’s confused
Well is it time that one of the coaches ‘slain life ‘ to the little tyke?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom