Providence Post Game Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thoughts

Reaction Score
Bouk is back and back with vengeance. We are peeking at the right time. Good game today by many guys. Bouk, Martin, Polley, and Carlton played very well.

We have a deep team with many good parts. Sanogo's minutes should get reduced moving forward. Sanogo's impact on winning is vastly overrated this season. Polley, AJacks, and Martin are three solid wings who need the minutes and we play better playing fast, uptempo, and using our athleticism.

Carlton or Whaley at the 5 is much better for our team.

PS: Obliterate Nova this weekend.

#FeedPolley
#AJacksForTheHammer
Sanogo is hurting the team is an interesting hill to die on

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Sanogo is fine, best freshman rebounder we’ve had in a long time. Speaking of rebounding will Polley please start following his shot? I was screaming at the screen follow your shot! After he shoots he disappears.

Reaction Score
Speaking of rebounding will Polley please start following his shot? I was screaming at the screen follow your shot! After he shoots he disappears.
I remember some time in the 2nd half one shot was short and came off the front of the rim hard and right back to where he shot the ball. As the ball was bouncing off the rim I noticed there was nobody between where he shot the ball and the basket so I'm thinking to myself this is going to be an easy offensive rebound. And then the ball came down to the ground but nobody was near it and a PC player came over and picked it up. Where did Polley go? He was no where in the picture. Was he running back on defense? I never saw where he went.

Reaction Score
Martin is the X factor keeping this squad glued together contributing in all aspects of the game. Really like the way he quietly hammers away.

Reaction Score
Seen this the past 2 games - we've done a great job at finishing through contact. Think we had 6 and-1's tonight.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He played great last game, but tonight his 5 of 13 shooting (that's only 38.5%, pretty poor) and his lack of looking at anyone when the clock was running down, seemed like he was a bit of a ball hog tonight. He did have 6 assists, I know, but it could easily have been 10.
You're not at all wrong, and neither are those who've praised him.

There's a lot of imperfection, and a lot to like, and a number of things improving, and still things to tighten up and always more work to do.

^ Applies throughout the team. We've even gotten into, "No, no, no, YES" territory sometimes, just can't rely on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One fast-break in particular he had James wide open trailing on the right. Probably would have resulted in a monster slam for James if RJ dishes that one. All told though the dude is playing good to great the last few games.

yeah he just doesn’t have great court vision, especially when he’s driving to the hoop.

Reaction Score
He played great last game, but tonight his 5 of 13 shooting (that's only 38.5%, pretty poor) and his lack of looking at anyone when the clock was running down, seemed like he was a bit of a ball hog tonight. He did have 6 assists, I know, but it could easily have been 10.
And he needs to kick instead of going to the hoop. 80% of the time he gets stuffed.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had a terrible game tonight and -- despite what people said after the St. John's game -- isn't the sort of player you ride and force-feed the ball at this stage in his career. But you've gotta play him at least 20-25 mpg to get the experience necessary to dominate next year.

And even with the inconsistency, he's our most naturally talented big on offense. Terrific footwork and touch for a freshman.
Sanogo had a terrible game tonight and -- despite what people said after the St. John's game -- isn't the sort of player you ride and force-feed the ball at this stage in his career. But you've gotta play him at least 20-25 mpg to get the experience necessary to dominate next year.

And even with the inconsistency, he's our most naturally talented big on offense. Terrific footwork and touch for a freshman.
So I’m going to assume that you agree with me in saying the OP’s take on Sanogo was bad LOL

Reaction Score
So I’m going to assume that you agree with me in saying the OP’s take on Sanogo was bad LOL
Mostly yes.

His minutes should absolutely not go down, and we are not better with Carlton getting major minutes at the 5.

That said, some here do overrate his impact right now.

Reaction Score
Mostly yes.

His minutes should absolutely not go down, and we are not better with Carlton getting major minutes at the 5.

That said, some here do overrate his impact right now.
Agreed brother

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom