Providence message board highlights | The Boneyard

Providence message board highlights

Reaction Score
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
Kinda sad/pathetic to read, but its the burden of us being the King.

As my dad said 'always be the Victor not the Victim'.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile a couple of fans on the St. John's board are saying UConn should be required to play the first night of the BET regardless of our record due to lack of games played. That the BE should seed each team based on wins and not record and thus you are rewarded for playing more games and managing COVID. ?

Also, we are pausing deliberately to miss tough games while Bouknight is out. ?

Reaction Score
LOL @ them saying prov has better facilities
Also had an LOL moment with that comment. Gampel itself is miles better than anything they have, and that's not even touching the Werth Champions Center which is one of the best basketball facilities in the entire country. They'll learn the truth soon enough when their fans walk in that lobby next year and look at all of our success.

Reaction Score
Also had an LOL moment with that comment. Gampel itself is miles better than anything they have, and that's not even touching the Werth Champions Center which is one of the best basketball facilities in the entire country. They'll learn the truth soon enough when their fans walk in that lobby next year and look at all of our success.
Yeah man talk about delusional

Reaction Score
LOL @ them saying prov has better facilities
It's gotten a lot closer since we've built the Werth Center and it's fun to say LOL Providence, but Providedence has a really nice basketball facility if you haven't seen the videos online before

Reaction Score
It's gotten a lot closer since we've built the Werth Center and it's fun to say LOL Providence, but Providedence has a really nice basketball facility if you haven't seen the videos online before
I hear you but it’s still beyond a reach to say they have better facilities.. the werth is one of the best in the country biased or not LOL ??‍♂️

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Cool, a hallway.

Reaction Score
They have a nice basketball facilty but I watched their video but they didn't show where they keep their national championship trophies. UConn has the trophies in the foyer and the nets in the head coaches office. Plus their are national champion banners over the practice courts. Where do they keep theirs?

Reaction Score
I'm sure they have some real nice participation certificates about making it to the 2nd round.

Reaction Score
They have a nice basketball facilty but I watched their video but they didn't show where they keep their national championship trophies. UConn has the trophies in the foyer and the nets in the head coaches office. Plus their are national champion banners over the practice courts. Where do they keep theirs?
in their dreams

Reaction Score
Meanwhile a couple of fans on the St. John's board are saying UConn should be required to play the first night of the BET regardless of our record due to lack of games played. That the BE should seed each team based on wins and not record and thus you are rewarded for playing more games and managing COVID. ?

Also, we are pausing deliberately to miss tough games while Bouknight is out. ?

I guess that fan never heard of Kemba Walker.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Cool, a hallway.

They need an exhibit where you press a button and a video plays of Jim Calhoun saying I fudged up on Ryan Gomes.

Reaction Score
I hear you but it’s still beyond a reach to say they have better facilities.. the werth is one of the best in the country biased or not LOL ??‍♂️
Your saying that proves you've never seen the video showcasing their facility. Watch it sometime. It's very nice...............just lacks the banners and trophies at the Werth Center.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They’ve got the advantage of not needing to use up space displaying a bunch of championship trophies or pictures of tons of draft picks

Reaction Score
As someone who works in the construction industry I always look into what the program of the building is. And to that point Providence’s facility does not compare in the slightest. Their facility is 56,000 sq ft and is also used by students and other athletes. When you remove the parts of the facility that are used for other purposes it’s likely that the true size for basketball functions is under 40,000 sq ft. Now let’s compare that to the Werth Champions center at 78,200 sq ft and the fact it is ONLY used by the basketball teams. We have a facility that is essentially double the size. I did some research awhile back and I was unable to find a university with a larger basketball practice facility than UConn. Not to sound juvenile but size matters because it allows you to change up the program to suit the changing needs of a team. Providence can talk about how nice their facility is but just keep in mind that architecturally speaking they have the equivalent of a gilded bathroom in a double wide trailer while we are living comfortably in the burbs.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Your saying that proves you've never seen the video showcasing their facility. Watch it sometime. It's very nice...............just lacks the banners and trophies at the Werth Center.
Do you know where to find said video? My quick search didn't turn up anything.

Reaction Score
Is it called the ruane center? If so then yes I have watched the video and it is very nice indeed

Reaction Score
We really need to shutdown the line of thinking that Providence and their facilities are comparable to ours. They are not. Full stop. They are functionally half the size of ours. They are not comparable. In fact non of our current or former rivals stack up. Syracuse’s facility is far smaller as well at roughly 60% of the size. The closest facility in size to ours is at Kentucky. Let that sink in. And when you take out the other uses it is SMALLER than the Werth Champions Center. We can be insecure about a lot of things regarding our program but we have one of the (if not) biggest practice facilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom