Providence avoids embarrassing loss to butler | The Boneyard

Providence avoids embarrassing loss to butler

Reaction Score
This is how their season has gone. The “luck” thing is real. Haven’t been hit with a dagger in a late game situation like that all year. Doesn’t tell their whole story. I think PC is good.

With that said, Butler is a pretty awful basketball team.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is how their season has gone. The “luck” thing is real. Haven’t been hit with a dagger in a late game situation like that all year. Doesn’t tell their whole story. I think PC is good.

With that said, Butler is a pretty awful basketball team.
Butler is not that bad. They beat bubble team Oklahoma on the road. The Big East (with the exception of Georgetown) is strong top to bottom. I make the case that if St. John’s, Butler, and DePaul played in the ACC or Pac-12, they might be tourney teams.

Reaction Score
We could lose to any top 100 D1 team. Just takes a cold shooting game.
I like the revenge factor in that one if we happened to match up with them.

Reaction Score
We could lose to any top 100 D1 team. Just takes a cold shooting game.
the worst team we have lost to this year (creighton) is top 70. we have had AWFUL shooting games and have proven that we can win with defense and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Providence is a good, not great team. Certainly not 22-3 good. They're having a fantastic season, they are not the less playing with fire, being involved in all these close 1 or 2 possession type of games. Butler gave that game away, it's gonna come back and bite them in the ass eventually. They are so gonna lose to a 12 or 13 seeded Iona, N. Texas, Vermont, or Liberty type school in the first round. Couldn't happen to a nice set of fans.

Reaction Score
I'll give the Friars some credit since they were down 19 in the game. They may not win pretty but they keep winning.
Did it without their starting guard. From the AP recap:

Providence played without injured starting guard Al Durham, a sixth-year senior who is their second-leading scorer and one of the nation's top free-throw shooters. The announcers on the television broadcast said e was out with a sports hernia and Cooley said it's unclear when Durham could return.

“He's been in pain for the last month and we thought right now it would be the right thing to do to keep him out," Cooley said. “We were disheveled without him."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is who they are. They’ve performed this way all season.
They beat Wisconsin on their floor - not an easy task
They beat Texas Tech
They have been beaten bad once this season by a Marquette team that was flying high at that particular time
The have 3 losses all season - Virginia, Marquette and Nova
Luck is an occasional or freak thing - if you win close games on a regular basis is helps you handle those situations with a positive attitude.
I am not a PC fan in any sense but they are a good team.

I am looking forward to UConn facing them again this season - hopefully it will happen

Reaction Score
They beat Wisconsin on their floor - not an easy task
They beat Texas Tech
They have been beaten bad once this season by a Marquette team that was flying high at that particular time
The have 3 losses all season - Virginia, Marquette and Nova
Luck is an occasional or freak thing - if you win close games on a regular basis is helps you handle those situations with a positive attitude.
I am not a PC fan in any sense but they are a good team.

I am looking forward to UConn facing them again this season - hopefully it will happen
I didn’t say the word luck once. And I didn’t say they weren’t good. They play bad teams close is all I said lol.

Reaction Score
I'm the furthest thing from a PC fan but they are allowed to have close games. They barely won against DePaul and Butler. We had to eek out a couple wins against St Johns and the DePaul game wasn't exactly an easy ride for us either and they were without their leading scorer. Yeah, the cancelled games help them but they are having a nice season and are a good solid team. Their game against Nova was played at a pretty high level. Are they as good as their ranking, record, seed, etc...maybe not, but give them credit for a nice season. No game against them would be a "guaranteed win."

Reaction Score
PC has had a fantastic season. Great in close games and barring a horrible finish in their last few games and BET, they will get a good seed. That said, if I am a top seed, I would love to see them in my bracket as a 3 or 4 seed

Reaction Score
When we were good I never had a second thought about PC.
When we were awful and Ollie kept losing recruits to PC, I didn’t like them. (In hindsight it should’ve been directed solely to KO)

Realistically, if Hurley is who we hope he is, we shouldn’t worry about them.

This PC team is a true underdog story, I enjoy watching them play - a veteran, over-achieving group that doesn’t wilt under pressure. I don’t get all the hate, ‘they suck‘, et al on here.

They are a team that’s better than their collective parts and prob gets bounced by sweet 16 and likely for sure before elite 8.

Reaction Score
When we were good I never had a second thought about PC.
When we were awful and Ollie kept losing recruits to PC, I didn’t like them. (In hindsight it should’ve been directed solely to KO)

Realistically, if Hurley is who we hope he is, we shouldn’t worry about them.

This PC team is a true underdog story, I enjoy watching them play - a veteran, over-achieving group that doesn’t wilt under pressure. I don’t get all the hate, ‘they suck‘, et al on here.

They are a team that’s better than their collective parts and prob gets bounced by sweet 16 and likely for sure before elite 8.
I don’t think anyone has said they suck

Reaction Score
Anyone saying they want to play PC or any tough team in a post-season rematch over “revenge” is an idiot. I’ll take the path of least resistance and hope for upsets that work in our favor vs hoping for tough opponents. Anyone want to be in a 2 point game with them with a minute to go? Not me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom