Prov. vs Louisville | The Boneyard

Prov. vs Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The conference is just plain tough. Every game is practically a coin flip. Even when a team has an edge, it's not a huge edge. Syracuse is more complete than anyone else, but it's a long and grueling season.

Heck, the team that won the National Championship lost 9 games in the Big East last year. Just the way it goes. Play as hard as you can, hope you can grind out double digit wins in conference, and peak at the right time. There are at least 10 teams or maybe even 12 in the conference that legitimately can have that aspiration and several of them aren't going to do it.

Reaction Score
I thought Siva for Louisville was going to have a breakout year this year but he's actually regressed. Worst game I have seen a Louisville team play in a long long while.

Reaction Score
I thought Siva for Louisville was going to have a breakout year this year but he's actually regressed. Worst game I have seen a Louisville team play in a long long while.

I think he is still recovering from a high ankle sprain. Not sure when he originally injured it or how long it takes to fully recover though.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Average recovery time for a high ankle sprain is around 6 weeks.

Reaction Score
providence looks really good... just might be one game, but they are fun to watch (as sickening as that is to say).

Reaction Score
The Scout Louisville board is not happy to say the least. Good thing UConn beat WVU.

Reaction Score
providence looks really good... just might be one game, but they are fun to watch (as sickening as that is to say).
They're not a good team - they're just playing great against a team that seems to have packed it in.

Siva is all sorts of talented, but he hasn't gotten better in three years. All things considered, he's an incredibly average player.

Reaction Score
The Scout Louisville board is not happy to say the least. Good thing UConn beat WVU.

Wow, and I thought some of the people on this board were bad. Then I saw the guy on the Louisville board reply to the "bottom out game" thread by saying this was the "bottom out" of their whole program.

Reaction Score

That board is embarrassing, worst group of fans I have seen on any board and it has been like that for years. They claim to be knowledgable but are the complete opposite.

Reaction Score
...and PC is playing without their 2nd leading scorer, Coleman.

Reaction Score
UofL fans are in meltdown mode. I am glad we won yesterday or we would be too.

Reaction Score
These upstart BE teams that are presenting problems had a pretty ugly OOC season.

Only Seton Hall and Notre Dame have really taken only one bad loss each. SH lost to Northwestern and ND lost to Georgia, but otherwise, their only other losses are to better teams.

But Rutgers, PC and USF are the Jekyll&Hydes of the league. Collectively, these three teams have lost to Iowa St, Northern Iowa, Miami, Illinois St, Richmond, LSU, Princeton, Old Dominion, Penn State, VCU, Auburn, Southern Miss.

Heck, West Virginia lost to Kent State.

Reaction Score
I especially like the guy who posts with the dead cardinal road kill on the road as his avatar.

Actually most of the comments that their fans are posting have been heard on this board to some degree after the last two losses in Jersey. Big East this year is way upside down. Nova sux. Seton Hall is good and Louisville which was ranked 4th at one time this year just got run out of the gym by a team which was in last place going into this game. Such a strange year that Cuse may not pull their usual fold down the stretch like they always do this year.:)

Reaction Score
Louisville was just never really that good - wasn't sure where all the hype was being generated from in the preseason. Meanwhile you go over there and they're expecting Final Four's and think they're the best team in the conference - so is the fan. They had a nice recruiting class, but not Kentucky style which is usually a few of the top ten in the class. And they just didn't have that much coming back - Siva, while he always looks electric against Uconn, doesn't seem nearly the player otherwise. I just don't think they're very good.

Reaction Score
Louisville was just never really that good - wasn't sure where all the hype was being generated from in the preseason. Meanwhile you go over there and they're expecting Final Four's and think they're the best team in the conference - so is the fan. They had a nice recruiting class, but not Kentucky style which is usually a few of the top ten in the class. And they just didn't have that much coming back - Siva, while he always looks electric against Uconn, doesn't seem nearly the player otherwise. I just don't think they're very good.
Extremely strange year in the BE. Pitt losing several games. Louisville losing several games. UConn losing to SHU & RU. But, what boggles my mind is Louisville losing to PC by 31 points!!!
Even the most optomistic PC follower wouldn't envision this.

Reaction Score
Extremely strange year in the BE. Pitt losing several games. Louisville losing several games. UConn losing to SHU & RU. But, what boggles my mind is Louisville losing to PC by 31 points!!!
Even the most optomistic PC follower wouldn't envision this.

I think the Big East this year has reached the point where there are very few outcomes that should be truly surprising to anybody, especially when the home team wins.

Other than Syracuse (and us based purely on the talent on our roster), the top teams aren't as strong as they've been in the past and the bottom teams aren't as bad as they've been in the past. The talent gap in a Pittsburgh-Rutgers, Uconn-Seton Hall, or Villanova-South Florida matchup is not as wide as it's been in years' past.

Reaction Score
I'm glad I looked at Rutgers' roster before posting! I was going to say that the regular bottom feeders are catching up because their guys stay four years and are thus tougher to beat because of strength and experience.

Rutgers' top 6 in stats:
Eli Carter FR
Myles Mack FR
Biruta SO
Jerome Seagears FR
Mike Poole SO
Dane Miller JR

Doctor: What's going on???

Reaction Score
I'm glad I looked at Rutgers' roster before posting! I was going to say that the regular bottom feeders are catching up because their guys stay four years and are thus tougher to beat because of strength and experience.

Rutgers' top 6 in stats:
Eli Carter FR
Myles Mack FR
Biruta SO
Jerome Seagears FR
Mike Poole SO
Dane Miller JR

Doctor: What's going on???

No, they're catching up because they've hired new coaches who are recruiting better. Big time players in the NY/NJ area are actually choosing Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John's now.

Reaction Score
This seems to be the year where the have-nots are flexing their muscles. With the exception of Syracuse, there aren't any other dominant teams in the league (so far). Nova, Pitt and L'ville are down, and we're still trying to find ourselves with a young team. This also seems to be the case nationally, no dominant teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom