OT: - Proud of you, Lindsey! | The Boneyard

OT: Proud of you, Lindsey!

Reaction Score
Just watched the final rounds of the Olympics women's snowboard cross and was thrilled to see Lindsey Jacobellis win all four of her races, including a dominant run in the final, to at age 36 finally claim Olympic gold! The image of Lindsey's smile as she crossed the finish line brought me immense joy.

Lindsey went to a ski school in Vermont during her high school years and has been a resident of the world ever since as the GOAT in her sport, but she was born in Danbury CT, about 15 miles from where I live, and grew up and still has many friends in tiny Roxbury, about five miles from my home. I remember her well as an athletic and precocious adolescent, especially since her grandfather had been the golf pro and my mentor at the local club when I was a teen beginning my golf career.

I wrote numerous stories about Lindsey for area newspapers, including, sad to say, a critical column after she lost the gold in Torino in 2006. I don't know if our paths will ever cross again, but I'm so proud and happy for Lindsey, and congratulate her and everyone in her life for helping her keep after it all these years. Be happy, Lindsey. You've well earned it.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Deacon: what ski school did she attend? Was it at Burke Mt.? That is the academic/ski school that Warren Witherell
[aka Olde Coach] founded back around 1970...Warren an avid UConn women's fan who passed away maybe 8 years ago.

Reaction Score
Deacon: what ski school did she attend? Was it at Burke Mt.? That is the academic/ski school that Warren Witherell
[aka Olde Coach] founded back around 1970...Warren an avid UConn women's fan who passed away maybe 8 years ago.
Hey, Blake... Lindsey attended and graduated Stratton Mountain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom