Proud of them today | The Boneyard

Proud of them today

Reaction Score
There was no quit in us. Cincy is the better team and we were screwed over by the refs more than any team I've ever seen. We had every reason to pack it in and they wouldn't. Vital is a grown man, Adams gave everything trying to will us to victory and last but not least, Rodney. He's driven a lot of us a little crazy over the years with some erratic play but he was a good player for us and nobody represents what this University is about more than Rodney Purvis. He's a special young man and I got some tears when the crowd was chanting his name. Thank you Rodney Purvis for always doing things the right way and for choosing UConn. Hope he visits often after graduation and that he has a major role with this program down the road.

Reaction Score
I wish they had this kind of fight against Wagner. Yeah, they fought hard today. But it was way, way, way, too late.

Reaction Score
You really are a pathetic person
It's just context. Wagner defined this entire season. 16-17, "you are what your record says your are" - Bill Parcells.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I'm proud of their effort. They showed the grit and toughness that has become synonymous with Huskies basketball and got to within four a few times, including within the last 5 minutes. Cincinnati had a real fight on their hands with a 10 point margin of victory not indicative of just what a grueling battle this was. The Huskies can hold their heads high nonetheless, but I sure would like to have seen them wipe that smirk off Caupain's face.

Reaction Score
There was no quit in us. Cincy is the better team and we were screwed over by the refs more than any team I've ever seen. We had every reason to pack it in and they wouldn't. Vital is a grown man, Adams gave everything trying to will us to victory and last but not least, Rodney. He's driven a lot of us a little crazy over the years with some erratic play but he was a good player for us and nobody represents what this University is about more than Rodney Purvis. He's a special young man and I got some tears when the crowd was chanting his name. Thank you Rodney Purvis for always doing things the right way and for choosing UConn. Hope he visits often after graduation and that he has a major role with this program down the road.
I live in Clayton,NC, where Gary Clark and all star pitcher Chris archer went to Clayton high. But aside from John wall, Rodney has mad respect down here and could be a great recruiting scout for us. I would take Nc talent over almost any other state not called ny ca D.C. Or tx right now.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Was nice seeing intensity out of both the players and the head coach today and really throughout this tournament. It's just too bad this level didn't come out until March or we might have 6-7 more wins and be somewhere near that bubble with Cuse and other garbage P5 teams.

Reaction Score
Like most fans I was proud of the team, too. They easily could have given up early. I've been extremely critical of Brimah
and Purvis at times, but glad to see they played wel'l in their final UConn games. Facvey has been impressive all year and hope
his development convinces some more talented big men to give the program a shot.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was thinking the same after the game. Wasn't upset at all. Proud of the effort today and most of the season. The kids really never gave up. Just not enough bullets this season. But maybe the lessons learned and experience gained will pay big dividends. Praying that everyone comes back next season and Larrier, Gilbert and Diarra hit the ground running in October with no negative effects from their injuries (probably too much to expect for all 3 but I'm hopeful). Team needs a big time bounce back season in the worst way. Program and fans need it too. Going to be a long offseason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom