Proud of Team Effort Today | The Boneyard

Proud of Team Effort Today

Reaction Score
RP and AB let us down but Jalen couldn't do more and Vance was very good. Sorry but Purvis greased this loss almost singlehandedly. Team played with confidence and it bodes well for next year especially with Gilbert, Adams and Jackson.

Reaction Score
I'm proud of everyone not named Purvis and Brimah. I hate to lose but we played better today than in our games with a full roster and our youngsters are developing. We wired a game as 9 point dogs. Jalen is a superstar so yup I'm proud.

Reaction Score
We're playing much better the last 3 games. RP and Brimah's fouls killed us today. Rest of the team played hard & made a good effort - we're just a depleted team. Adams can't do everything.

pj

Reaction Score
Proud of blowing a 14 point lead agains a bad Georgetown team?

What have we become...

He said proud of team effort. Not proud of team performance.

With basically 5 players (discounting Vital, Durham, Enoch), when Amida plays 7 minutes and Rodney has a bad game, it's remarkable that they can stay within 3 of a top-60 Georgetown team.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

What have we become...
G-town didn't look that bad to me. I am not talking final 4. Once again this team felt a barrage of 3's, that will get any team back in the game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I was/am proud of the effort considering we played a team who had more bodies, were bigger and stronger.
You can't hope on winning this type of game when it's 6 vs 11 bodies - I'm not counting AB because he was non existence today
RP was not good but he did start the momentum at the beginning and played exceptional D in the 1st half - he did disappear in the 2nd half
Plus my son (who was at the game) said most of the Gtown fans felt this was one of their best games in recent memory - even better than the St John's game earlier this week

Reaction Score
where is Georgetown top 60? They are barely top 100

Statistically UConn shot well from floor, 3, FT, kept TOs under 10 and still lost to a bad team. I would like to see SE and JD get more minutes

Got hurt on boards and off boards

He said proud of team effort. Not proud of team performance.

With basically 5 players (discounting Vital, Durham, Enoch), when Amida plays 7 minutes and Rodney has a bad game, it's remarkable that they can stay within 3 of a top-60 Georgetown team.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm rarely one to knock our guys, but coughing up a 14 point lead in the style they did is inexcusable.

H

huskymagic

The only guys from today we should be proud of are Jalen and Vance and Kentan. We should not have lost this game, and we don't lower expectations where we are happy with effort and not outcome. We didn't do enough in the last 13 minutes of second half to get Vance Jackson the ball. Georgetown has good talent on their team, but we had enough to beat them.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't say I'm proud but not upset....should have won but when you can't sit players who are having rough games because there is literally nobody to replace them with what is the point in piling on. If Jalen's 3 drops in and we pull it out in OT it was a gutty win.

The team is still playing very hard even though they know the season is pretty much a lost cause until the AAC tourney in March.

Reaction Score

What have we become...

Good job good effort now the standard around here. Even for heinous losses.

Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
this team has to learn how to hold a lead and win on the road and that comes from game experience. Still disappointing with that lead, but not all that surprising. This team cannot really manage bad games from Amida and Rodney at the same time against good opponents. Kentan and Vance became nonfactors through most of the second half...Jalen cannot do it all, but almost did.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I won't say I'm proud of the effort - I expect that for 40 minutes from any UConn team. But I am proud of the marked improvement on offense, on defense, on out of bounds and situational execution, on the fast break, and on post play. Without the shot blocker on the floor Georgetown pounded it inside, and when they didn't they lit it up from 3 in the second half.

Could Brimah have better basketball instincts? Absolutely. But we are better hen he can give us the rim protection inside.

Is this a game that should have been won? Yup. Is there room for all of these areas to improve? Absolutely. But there is hope, and there wasn't much a month ago.

Reaction Score
Has there ever been a more undisciplined player on our team than Rodney? I know he tries, but ...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It's really unbelievable what is being said on this forum this year after losses. Good job good effort now the standard around here. Even for heinous losses.

Your and others' outrage does not help anything as far as I can tell. Heinous? This is our team. Disappointment is one thing, but disdain or outrage is another.

Reaction Score
We have been moving in the right direction. Early season we scored 20 points in a half with a tentative unwatchable offense, couldn't even handle the ball. I remember the halftime guys saying it set back college hoop and I couldn't disagree. Now compare today. We ran plays out of timeouts scoring very well. Our point guard played out of his mind. Vance scored inside and out mostly first half. Enoch did a nice job better than usual. Lost a road game against a good conference school by 3. We had a lapse in the second half that cost us the game, because Purvis was left in and a lot of bad stuff followed, you all saw it but we had no replacement I guess we'll have to ask KO. Where we went wrong in my opinion was not trying to get Vance into the second half offense and letting Rodney gun us and turnover us out of the game. For those who are crushed because we didn't get the win on our way to the NCAA title I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
I totally agree I saw some really good things and came out a bit positive. The bad news is this is the same game as a few which we could have won, Auburn amongst them but these kids just need to learn how to win period. Problem is the go to people are few and far between. I know many want to blame KO for not getting open looks for Vance, but they ran some plays and he honestly couldn't shake his guy, sometimes you need to take your hat off to the defense. GTwon got some momentum and rode the wave on both ends, shot the ball out of this world for a 10 minute stretch yet were in the game the whole way, no quit on these guys which I love. Not sure we will see that run everyone hopes for at the AAc in Hartford but these guys will be a lot better next year I have no doubt. How much depends on health, growth and someone grabbing the 5 by the horns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom