Proud of our team | The Boneyard

Proud of our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I thought we came to play tonight. Although we didn't get the "W", our players learned two very important things tonight that can only be learned through direct experience. Each should come in handy in March:

1. This year's UCONN team can beat Baylor
2. This year's team now knows how it can be done

We didn't choke this game away. We made a few costly errors down the stretch that prevented us from having a chance to win after BG started asserting herself, as top players do when they're at home and their coach is screaming for her to touch the ball.

The second half was basically too much BG and not a good enough shooting % on our side. But kudos to UCONN for leaving it all on the court. HB was all-world in her 1st half minutes, and Bria was an assassin with an edge. Faris gave it 100% as always.

I like our chances next time.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, Mike. The lack of free-throw chances hurt us also. Baylor won it on free throws.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I thought we came to play tonight. Although we didn't get the "W", our players learned two very important things tonight that can only be learned through direct experience. Each should come in handy in March:

1. This year's UCONN team can beat Baylor
2. This year's team now knows how it can be done

Strongly agree, great effort by the team...unfortunately we experienced the axiom "live by the three, die by the three" when everyone went cold at the end. Zebras definitely swallowed their whistles when Baylor was on D...hopefully, we will get a fairer shake if we meet again (Sims fouled a lot on that wasn't called and Britnxy was over the back a few times as well). That being said, our players need to learn to make body contact when driving against Griner, it was as bad as a turnover when Tiff, Bria or Kelly tried to stretch out for a layup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom