Protest | The Boneyard

Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently the NCAA unconditionally supports the incompetence, vindictiveness, or blatant cheating of its basketball refs.

"Rule 5, Section 5. Protests
The NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Rules Committees do not recognize
or allow protests."

All the more reason to have a hoop lawyer on the bench, and to litigate your view vigorously at the time.

Did the coaches do that??

Reaction Score
This was not the worse blown call I've seen by far. We still had 4+ minutes to try and win and were actually ahead during the OT (albeit briefly). I recall 'that' Cuse game at the end when we were actually robbed. I forget the details (older age) but do recall the incident, somewhat. There are many others including non-UConn games.

To me its not a big issue anymore, sadly and partly because it won't affect our BE seeding.

Reaction Score
Apparently the NCAA unconditionally supports the incompetence, vindictiveness, or blatant cheating of its basketball refs.

"Rule 5, Section 5. Protests
The NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Rules Committees do not recognize
or allow protests."

All the more reason to have a hoop lawyer on the bench, and to litigate your view vigorously at the time.

Did the coaches do that??

The fact that you took the time to research this rule is pretty scary. Remember the NFL replacements refs? Green Bay at Seattle on Monday Night? Uconn was not the first team to be hurt by poor officiating and they won't be the last. If protests were allowed it would absolutely change the game. The cry baby's would come out of the woodwork and the officials would be more apt to be biased.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In every sport, it's understood that there is a human element in officiating and you can't go about changing every outcome because of a blown call here or there.

Yes, it duck*ed UConn pretty badly.

But what are you going to do? Give UConn two extra points on the scoreboard? Fly UConn out to Wisconsin to replay the last 4:50 of overtime? My God, if the NFL allowed such protests, we'd still be replaying the games from week two.

It is what it is.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
If we protest we'll probably get banned from next years tournament as well

Reaction Score
The Mrqt Massacre was due to procedural incompetence, not a blown 'judgement' call that can be sweetened with phraseology such as 'human element'. The refs should, in the least, know the rules.

Reaction Score
I am a big believer in kharma. Bad calls and bad breaks even out over the season. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and move on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am a big believer in kharma. Bad calls and bad breaks even out over the season. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and move on.
Me as well. The entire sophomore Kemba season was bad Karma. The entire junior Kemba season was good Karma. Proves your point that things balance out although not necessarily in one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom