Prospects Nation Updates c/o 2020 Rankings | The Boneyard

Prospects Nation Updates c/o 2020 Rankings

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Keil Moore gave that little secret away a couple weeks ago.

So, the top 3 on Prospects Nation's board for both 2019 and 2020 are UConn targets.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That 2020 top-3 has been my wish list since December.

I'm ready to embrace UConn being bad for the sport again if it means getting their targets in '19 and '20.

Reaction Score
Big Jump for Angel Reese as well as Sasha Goforth. Reese is the most athletic player in the class and Goforth is probably the best shooter. Two players that is on Dawn’s radar for sure!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Other UConn targets:

Hannah Gusters up to #7

Natalija Marshall #15

Kylee Watson drops to #16

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Big Jump for Angel Reese as well as Sasha Goforth. Reese is the most athletic player in the class and Goforth is probably the best shooter. Two players that is on Dawn’s radar for sure!

Other players of interest to SC:

Cameron Brink
Priscilla Williams
Kamilla Cardosa
Treasure Hunt

TeHina PaoPao
Natalija Marshall
Kylee Watson
Elauna Eaton
Keegan Sullivan
Allison Campbell

Eniya Russell

I emboldened the players I know for sure have been offered by SC. We've been recruiting Goforth, Eaton, Hunt and Cardosa for YEARS at this point. It's early, but we're in a good place with all. We were one of the first high D1 offers for Campbell. We got in on Sullivan very early as well. Dawn likes Exodus kids (Cuevas-Moore), so I'm pretty sure we've offered Marshall as well, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. She did mention SC as a school of interest recently though. Russell listed SC as one of the 5 schools she's most focused on in a video I saw a while back. Not sure if we've offered for sure though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That’s the trio that I want: Paige, Hailey, and Cameron.

Reaction Score
Goforth the best shooter? Nah.

Well I did say probably ;).... but the only other players that I consider elite shooters in the class are Caitlin Clark, Sydney Parrish, Elauna Eaton and Deja Kelly (Texas commit). I will be in Indy this weekend to get a better look at some other prospects, and I will also be keeping an eye on ms. Goforth.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well I did say probably ;).... but the only other players that I consider elite shooters in the class are Caitlin Clark, Sydney Parrish, Elauna Eaton and Deja Kelly (Texas commit). I will be in Indy this weekend to get a better look at some other prospects, and I will also be keeping an eye on ms. Goforth.

Bueckers is shooting 50%+ from three in two years of high school and 60%+ from the field overall.

Reaction Score
Other players of interest to SC:

Cameron Brink
Priscilla Williams
Kamilla Cardosa
Treasure Hunt

TeHina PaoPao
Natalija Marshall
Kylee Watson
Elauna Eaton
Keegan Sullivan
Allison Campbell

Eniya Russell

I emboldened the players I know for sure have been offered by SC. We've been recruiting Goforth, Eaton, Hunt and Cardosa for YEARS at this point. It's early, but we're in a good place with all. We were one of the first high D1 offers for Campbell. We got in on Sullivan very early as well. Dawn likes Exodus kids (Cuevas-Moore), so I'm pretty sure we've offered Marshall as well, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. She did mention SC as a school of interest recently though. Russell listed SC as one of the 5 schools she's most focused on in a video I saw a while back. Not sure if we've offered for sure though.

Don’t forget Anaya Boyd out of LoveJoy, GA! Comes in ranked #20 in the class and the second ranked guard. She received a gamecock offer back in January after a stellar performance in the state finals against Winder-Barrow (ONO’s squad). Her teammate Genesis Bryant(also one to watch) played outstanding as well. If I’m not mistaking Bryant was recently mentioned as a player of interest for UCONN. A lot to watch for these next couple of months.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Blue Star updated their 2019 rankings. A new #1 and UConn targets at 1-3 again though with a twist. Link for all the info below.

Updated 2019 recruit rankings
SB down to #4. Am I reading too much into that, or is something going on? Does it have anything to do with the VA state quarterfinals where she was largely handled by an unheralded freshman from Hopewell?

Reaction Score
SB down to #4. Am I reading too much into that, or is something going on? Does it have anything to do with the VA state quarterfinals where she was largely handled by an unheralded freshman from Hopewell?

perhaps she's playing at the same level while others have upped their games................not unusual as some players are later bloomers or simply put in the extra time to get better............

Reaction Score
I really believe the SB has been overated. Boston, Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith clearly showed better than her at the 3x3. That seems to happen a lot when she is up along side the top tier.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I think Charlie has the real answer.

I feel like way too much has been made of the Hopewell game. The way people talk about it here is that some unknown freshman completely shut her down, which is hardly the truth.
  • Brunelle led all scorers with 22
  • Leading only 22-18 at halftime, Hopewell decided to double Sam every time she got the ball in the second half.
  • Hopewell full-court pressed all game and in the 2nd half William Monroe's guards struggled with turnovers
  • Hopewell was allowed to play her very physical
Granted it's her hometown paper, but the Greene County Record describes "Blue Devils players physically hanging off Brunelle’s arms". Also, there's this passage:

"With the score sitting at 20-18, the final play of the first half saw Brunelle in transition with a solid look at the basket with a chance to tie the game going into the break. Brunelle took hits from three different sides as she lifted up for the lay-in.

As the whistle blew, Monroe faithful knew Brunelle would be shooting two free throws to tie the game. Instead, a jump ball was called. Hopewell scored on the ensuing drive and went into the locker room with a 22-18 lead and every ounce of momentum."

And note: "The Dragons don’t have a single senior on the roster and employ up to three freshmen at a time around Brunelle, haven’t been in the state tournament since the 1980s and struggled to handle the pressure created by Hopewell’s relentlessness. "

Hopewell had three first-team all-region guards. Sam put the team on her back and carried them as far as she could but eventually fell to a deeper, faster, more experienced team.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I feel like way too much has been made of the Hopewell game. The way people talk about it here is that some unknown freshman completely shut her down, which is hardly the truth.
  • Brunelle led all scorers with 22
  • Leading only 22-18 at halftime, Hopewell decided to double Sam every time she got the ball in the second half.
  • Hopewell full-court pressed all game and in the 2nd half William Monroe's guards struggled with turnovers
  • Hopewell was allowed to play her very physical
Granted it's her hometown paper, but the Greene County Record describes "Blue Devils players physically hanging off Brunelle’s arms". Also, there's this passage:

"With the score sitting at 20-18, the final play of the first half saw Brunelle in transition with a solid look at the basket with a chance to tie the game going into the break. Brunelle took hits from three different sides as she lifted up for the lay-in.

As the whistle blew, Monroe faithful knew Brunelle would be shooting two free throws to tie the game. Instead, a jump ball was called. Hopewell scored on the ensuing drive and went into the locker room with a 22-18 lead and every ounce of momentum."

And note: "The Dragons don’t have a single senior on the roster and employ up to three freshmen at a time around Brunelle, haven’t been in the state tournament since the 1980s and struggled to handle the pressure created by Hopewell’s relentlessness. "

Hopewell had three first-team all-region guards. Sam put the team on her back and carried them as far as she could but eventually fell to a deeper, faster, more experienced team.
I can guarantee that SB will get knocked around once she gets to college. How she responds will ultimately determine just how good a player she becomes. If she responds to the physical play and occasional muggings in the same manner as Lou, she’ll be one hell of a player. Time will tell.

Reaction Score

the difference between the number four rating and number one rating is minimal............seeing how these ratings services can move players up and down 5-20 spots at a time I certainly wouldn't be all that concerned...........I know in UConn's case, those high school ratings mean absolutely nothing once you hit the gym there

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can guarantee that SB will get knocked around once she gets to college. How she responds will ultimately determine just how good a player she becomes. If she responds to the physical play and occasional muggings in the same manner as Lou, she’ll be one hell of a player. Time will tell.
:eek: Couldn't I just delete SB and insert "any player" into your post? What makes SB any different?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If she responds to the physical play and occasional muggings in the same manner as Lou, she’ll be one hell of a player. Time will tell.

If she responds to physical play the same way Lou does, she'll be vilified on this board as flopper. Wait, she's going to ND, so she'll be vilified as a flopper regardless...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
:eek: Couldn't I just delete SB and insert "any player" into your post? What makes SB any different?
I think shooters in particular get a reputation as “finesse players.” So Lou, SB and other similarly skilled players get tested more often than someone who comes in with a reputation as a physical player. As an example, not a lot of players wanted to mess with Kia Nurse.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she responds to physical play the same way Lou does, she'll be vilified on this board as flopper. Wait, she's going to ND, so she'll be vilified as a flopper regardless...
Lol.
upload_2018-7-6_11-55-31.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree that Lou is an exceptionally talented flopper. She’s also been on the receiving end of more cheap shots than just about any player I can recall. Stewie got knocked around early on, but that was always risky against a team with Steph, Kiah Stokes & Tuck.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
the difference between the number four rating and number one rating is minimal..seeing how these ratings services can move players up and down 5-20 spots at a time I certainly wouldn't be all that concerned......I know in UConn's case, those high school ratings mean absolutely nothing once you hit the gym there
That really depends on the class. Stewie was significantly better than anyone else in her class. The same could be said of Wilson. As for last year’s class, it remains to be seen if MW was significantly better than the rest of her class or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom