Pros, Cons, Conclusions vs. Florida | The Boneyard

Pros, Cons, Conclusions vs. Florida

Reaction Score
3 Pros -
  1. Their biggest advantage is their bigs and our bigs dominated them. Sanogo 17pts/7reb, Clingan 16pts/8reb/3blk on 89%
  2. Jordan Hawkins is playing himself into the NBA draft. 15pts/4reb/3ast/2stl on 42%. I'm most impressed by his decision making on when to shoot vs. pass vs. drive
  3. Andre hit his threes tonight. He's so dynamic across the board, if he can hit some threes then he brings his game to a completely new level. 8pts, 8reb, 3ast, 2stl, 2blk 2-5 from three

3 Cons -
  1. It seems teams are cluing on going at Karaban. Don't think it's a game breaker, but its clear teams understand that he's the only potential weak link. This was only in the first half before we ran them out of the gym in the second half
  2. Our PG play wasn't great. Newton 5pts/5TO on 2-6 shooting. Diarra 0pts/3TO, not great defensively either
  3. Literally can't come up with a 3rd con. 21 point win
Conclusion - we were supposed to win and we did. We crushed them by playing our game. Continue to do that and we will win much more games than we lose. Game was over after 15 minutes. Not much else to say, what a great win. First team in America with 10 wins, go Huskies!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Agree about our guards looking outplayed tonight. But the heat on them opened things op for our bigs.

I so want Johnson back on the court.

Reaction Score
Is there a better 1-2 punch at the 5 spot in CBB than Sanogo/Clingan?? Haven't seen them yet.. Great team D.. Excellent floor game by Jax.. Timely buckets by the Hawk.. Awesome Quad One road win.

Next.
Clingan 16 points in a dominant 19 minutes, need to get both Adama and DC on the floor

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good things happen when you give every opponent their hardest defensive performance of the year.
This board is so focused on offense I feel like a broken record. Hurley (and Calhoun and even Ollie) are focused on defense. Ours is very good. And our offense isn’t UNLV good, but knows how to score off the defense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
3 Pros -
  1. Their biggest advantage is their bigs and our bigs dominated them. Sanogo 17pts/7reb, Clingan 16pts/8reb/3blk on 89%
  2. Jordan Hawkins is playing himself into the NBA draft. 15pts/4reb/3ast/2stl on 42%. I'm most impressed by his decision making on when to shoot vs. pass vs. drive
  3. Andre hit his threes tonight. He's so dynamic across the board, if he can hit some threes then he brings his game to a completely new level. 8pts, 8reb, 3ast, 2stl, 2blk 2-5 from three

3 Cons -
  1. It seems teams are cluing on going at Karaban. Don't think it's a game breaker, but its clear teams understand that he's the only potential weak link. This was only in the first half before we ran them out of the gym in the second half
  2. Our PG play wasn't great. Newton 5pts/5TO on 2-6 shooting. Diarra 0pts/3TO, not great defensively either
  3. Literally can't come up with a 3rd con. 21 point win
Conclusion - we were supposed to win and we did. We crushed them by playing our game. Continue to do that and we will win much more games than we lose. Game was over after 15 minutes. Not much else to say, what a great win. First team in America with 10 wins, go Huskies!

My favorite Hawkins play was when he got punked and had the ball spiked off his face. On the following Gator possession, Hawkins got the ball and started the transition offense. I was thinking he was going hard to the hole and going for a dunk to redeem himself. Instead, he properly got the ball to Jax in the middle of the floor and Jax got the assist with an easy dump down pass and lay up ( I forget who got the lay up).

Hawkins put the ego away and made the smart basketball play. Teammates notice that stuff.

Reaction Score
I'm sure a couple of other teams in the Big East will improve over the next couple of months and look really solid and capable, but the way it stands right now, it's hard to imagine UConn losing more than two or three games this regular season (barring at least two key injuries). They're just too deep, and win by double digits even when they don't play that well. Half of the Big East teams won't even have the personnel to stay on the floor with us, and the ones who can potentially match up will need their A game and an off-night by UConn, likely with very early foul trouble by multiple players, to even have a chance.

Reaction Score
Now let’s blow through the Big East. Creighton? We’re coming for YOU!!!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Buffalo lost to us by 20, in our house.

Florida lost to us by 21 in their house.

Make of that what you will.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
My favorite Hawkins play was when he got punked and had the ball spiked off his face. On the following Gator possession, Hawkins got the ball and started the transition offense. I was thinking he was going hard to the hole and going for a dunk to redeem himself. Instead, he properly got the ball to Jax in the middle of the floor and Jax got the assist with an easy dump down pass and lay up ( I forget who got the lay up).

Hawkins put the ego away and made the smart basketball play. Teammates notice that stuff.
That sequence was ugly for Hawkins, but that happens to shooters sometimes. Thought he did an awesome job playing within himself tonight. That strong take later in the game was phenomenal.

Also - teams hound him once he gets the ball at the 3pt line. A simple pump fake would do wonders to generate more space.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom