Props To The Coaches | The Boneyard

Props To The Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
They made their adjustments necessary to win this game.,,especially on defense in the 4th quarter with the man to man coverage.

Marrone is jinxed against us and I love it.

Reaction Score
Yup. Coaches and team deserve a lot of credit for this one...especially for the adjustments

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It wasn't pretty, but a great win nonetheless.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was a great game.

S

storrsbred1

How can a team, only separated by halftime, look so pathetic and so good in one game, ?

Reaction Score
Syracuse may be in the ACC soon. But they still pretty much suck.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
The biggest adjustment was putting in McCummings. Props to the players on the field. Hopefully #%@& Coach P starts McCummings from now on!

Reaction Score
The biggest adjustment was putting in McCummings. Props to the players on the field. Hopefully #%@& Coach P starts McCummings from now on!
I agree that the use of McCummings made the difference, but remember he only had one pass play and fumbled, his second fumble of the game. McEntee also had some key plays. I think, for now, it will still take a combination of the two quarterbacks, with McCummings used much more than in past games. Also, it will, of course, depend on what works against the defense of the day. I still have hope that Nebrich is developing behind the scenes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree that the use of McCummings made the difference, but remember he only had one pass play and fumbled, his second fumble of the game. McEntee also had some key plays. I think, for now, it will still take a combination of the two quarterbacks, with McCummings used much more than in past games. Also, it will, of course, depend on what works against the defense of the day. I still have hope that Nebrich is developing behind the scenes.
+ 1

Reaction Score
I thought the coaches were generally lost until the 2nd half. But we got the win and that'sall that matters.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess it's a good thing I missed the first half? From what I could tell, we made them pay for their mistake (Nassib INT) and the McCummings fumble wound up not being a difference maker.

By the way, I had to venture to the Buffalo Wild Wings in New Haven since I don't get ESPNU, and I know it's a home game but there were more Michigan fans than UConn fans and the Michigan-Iowa game was the one with the audio piped in. (Mabe all the Michigan folks were Yale students, but still.) Hopefully in a few years, even for a home game where all the UConn folks are attending the game, even in the southern part of the state, UConn fans will outnumber any other school's fans.

Reaction Score
Players making plays. Sio did what he had to do jumping the route. Now that was a playmaker type play. Got to play to win like that. Offense kept their heads in it and kept plugging, even when a play didn't work. Nice recovery of late SMc fumble, that wins games; nice run of 2nd and 20. Good play calls for couple of open over the middle plays to Moore, nice catch by tight end on pass inside 5 yard line that was not the easiest play. Williams had space to run and made good cuts.

JMc made some solid plays and some real bad plays. Hope he can get us to at least 2-1 here on out. SMc is looking more Tebowesk each week.

Syracuse, I thought, had a good game plan, played as well as against WV (QB missing passes early and turnovers killed them early). That was some nice roll outs, ball handling and fakes by the WV offense. Uconn played football and won this game.

Wouldn't mind seeing two years of the "goin' to the ACC & B12 curse".

Reaction Score
Why is it when we lose the players suck and they are Randy's players and now we win and the coaches get credit for making adjustments so we win?

How about the players executed when they needed to therefore we won.

Reaction Score
What will Marrone complain about this time?
I was pissed when he acted like a complete BITCH that game against us a couple years ago, but everything I have read about how he runs his program overall has made me think he's a quality, "do it the right way" kind of coach who just momentarily lost his emotions. It happens.

Reaction Score
I left after the 4th down stop with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter then I saw fireworks and thought maybe we went for another TD like 2 years ago. :D

Reaction Score
Why is it when we lose the players suck and they are Randy's players and now we win and the coaches get credit for making adjustments so we win?

How about the players executed when they needed to therefore we won.

So, you havent read any Fire Coach P threads on this board? I was thinking just the opposite today. The coordinators were horrible in the 1st half, having guys in the wrong spots, and the kids played almost flawlessly in the 2nd and with lots of heart.

Reaction Score
Sorry, someone explain to me again how it's a coordinator's fault that JMac overthrows wide open receivers for INTs? I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom