Props to Strength/Conditioning Staff | The Boneyard

Props to Strength/Conditioning Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, the fatigue did show a bit, mostly in Brimah's minutes. Thank god Shonn stepped up huge (I said in chat it's actually a good thing he fouled out yesterday) and we shut Bond down in the second half

Reaction Score
Brimah won the husky challenge right? He did look tired though.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Honestly, the fatigue did show a bit, mostly in Brimah's minutes. Thank god Shonn stepped up huge and we shut Bond down in the second half
Shonn only played 19 yesterday, so it makes sense.

Also, a special bit of dap to Bond for that technical. It slowed Temple's momentum until DHam & Co. eventually stopped it entirely. Have fun in the NIT, kid!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Looks like that "gymnastics-based strength coach" got the job done after all.

Reaction Score
Not getting the Brimah tired comments, in his time in there he was all over the boards and very active, KO just seemed more comfortable going with a smaller lineup since Bond had the ability to face up from the perimeter.

C

Chief00

Looks like that "gymnastics-based strength coach" got the job done after all.

I have said all along he is good at conditioning and flexibility - power strength is where I have an issue. Proof of that watch our games - Bigs in particular require power strength.
Also, don't buy into this Doris Burke stuff that men in their 20's can't play two days in a row with a few overtimes.

Reaction Score
I have said all along he is good at conditioning and flexibility - power strength is where I have an issue. Proof of that watch our games - Bigs in particular require power strength.
Also, don't buy into this Doris Burke stuff that men in their 20's can't play two days in a row with a few overtimes.

The fact that you actually think you're right and don't sound completely insane when it comes to stuff like the first night scrimmage and Travis Illian previously working with a gymnastics team will never stop being funny. I wonder how much coach Illian stresses this "power strength" of which you speak.

C

Chief00

The fact that you actually think you're right and don't sound completely insane when it comes to stuff like the first night scrimmage and Travis Illian previously working with a gymnastics team will never stop being funny. I wonder how much coach Illian stresses this "power strength" of which you speak.

Power strength is not real complicated - just watch guys get pushed around and give up offensive rebounds. Additionally, UConn needs to run and that often starts with a rebound.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Yes, the strength and conditioning work is really coming into play now. We've worn down our last two opponents late in the games. I was going to start a post about Brimah's limited minutes. Is he injured?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Power strength is not real complicated - just watch guys get pushed around and give up offensive rebounds. Additionally, UConn needs to run and that often starts with a rebound.

So you don't think he emphasizes power and strength in any way? What's your source for that claim?

Reaction Score
You're a dunce.

Reaction Score
So you don't think he emphasizes power and strength in any way? What's your source for that claim?
Because Brimah doesn't look like this after 3 whole years in Storrs..
TrwuNH2.jpg

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The strength and conditioning is Ollie getting into these guy's head. DHam is finally realizing that if he doesn't finish, he hasn't done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom