Props to Shabazz | The Boneyard

Props to Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's been getting a lot of criticism lately, but I thought he played very well today when we needed him most. Without Boatright, Shabazz was our only real ball handler. He was playing on an injured foot, but played all 40 minutes and only had 1 turnover. He also ran the offense efficiently and methodically led the attack in the second half.

Also great efforts from Oriakhi and Roscoe.

To quote Calhoun from after the game, I'm "proud" of this team after winning in a tough environment shorthanded.

Reaction Score
Yea, I thought he did a great job controlling the tempo in this game, did a lot of directing and he made an effort to feed the post and get AO going. I'll get on him for going under the screens on the perimeter, but I don't understand how people can constantly get after him for allowing dribble penetration, its going to be an issue keeping up with guards when you're playing on a sprained foot.

Reaction Score
+1

He did a superb job running the offense and our defense, especially in the second half, had the earmarks of how we played in the NCAA's. This team looks like it is now playing UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
If any one of you sons u ever complain about Bazz again, I'm going to break your knees. This kid is awesome, and he does a great job playing huge minutes. I will. Break your knees. Not sure that's anatomically/physiologically possible, but I'll work it out.

Reaction Score
He ran the team just like he is supposed to and he played the entire game, great effort by Bazz!

Reaction Score
Bazz clearly passed the eye test in addition to the stats. He had a very nice game leading this team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In the second half he tipped several balls away from players and had two steals. He tightened up his defense in the second half. I had no problem with him playing a little loose in the first half. The last thing UConn needed without RB was Shabazz to get in foul trouble. Great execution by Shabazz and great game plan by JC.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He made some questionable decisions today, but I've accepted that being a Sophomore, he's going to make some mistakes here and there. Overall, he was great today. Only 1 TO is terrific.

Reaction Score
On the road without fan support and his partner (i.e. Lamb) he was sensational. He took their fans out of the game. He may like to dribble but I realize now that he's up to something with the ball in his hands. There is a method to his game. He's not 100% but if he recovers back come the 'crisp' no look passes, shake and bake and of course his reliable jumper. He's got game, I just wish he were healthy, we are being deprived somewhat knowing his capabilities and skills.

Kid is growing up before our eyes!

C

Chief00

Bazz has been playing hurt. Would like to have him find AD more - he has been open rolling to the basket after screens. If Bazz could get that down it would open up his jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom