Props to Megan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Props to Megan

Reaction Score
Give bags the whole bag to soak the beer up. Meghan and Crystal comparisons are just plain silly. Crystal - point guard - gotta see the floor, dribble, pass, shot, etc - Megs, gotta drift around and try to be in a spot to shoot and rebound. Whole diff thing. Relax. they'll both be up in the rafters. Crystal did okay for a freshman PG we asked to be a star. Megs is doing an okay job with flashes of what is to come.

The big thing with Megan Vs other Frosh (at Uconn) ---when she's on the floor you she an authority--she doesn't look lost. Most of her actions are crisp. Even if she doesn't score her drives to the basket show potential. Her 3 ball, not 100 percent yet, but shows greatness in that area.

True the comparison between Megan and Danger as Frosh isn't valid due to position but extremely unfair in that Megan is 100 percent physically ready and Danger took time for mandatory Concussion recovery.
You'll excuse me in that I'm of a mind--everything Danger is great and getting greater--I'll accept she had to learn last year--and after the concussion Geno had little to do with her except let her recover.. Near the end she got better, not great, PT. I recall that in the final months of her frosh season, Moriah wasn't trusted by Geno
Look at her final 3 years and NOW. Is there a better PG (got to throw Sue in the mix) that she or Sue.
I can expect no less from Danger---Megan, maybe AEH (I like the small time I've seen her).

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Still, we fans exhibit, at least in my opinion, shockingly unrealistic expectations of new players, based mainly on their high school press clippings
Plus it's easy to be seduced by highlight reels. Wow! That girl can really shoot the three!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou must have been hit in the head. She talks about Meg making the free throws, but Meg missed the second of two.

Perhaps grading on a curve but Meg looked confident on both FT's.

Reaction Score
Give bags the whole bag to soak the beer up. Meghan and Crystal comparisons are just plain silly. Crystal - point guard - gotta see the floor, dribble, pass, shot, etc - Megs, gotta drift around and try to be in a spot to shoot and rebound. Whole diff thing. Relax. they'll both be up in the rafters. Crystal did okay for a freshman PG we asked to be a star. Megs is doing an okay job with flashes of what is to come.

Apples and oranges, Crystal had to do more as a freshman than Meghan has to do now. We are happy they are showing their potentials, Danger now immune to headlights.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No prizes for guessing why I have that Denny Green rant on my mind this week...

Green was one of my favorite coaches.

Reaction Score
Perhaps grading on a curve but Meg looked confident on both FT's.
For a freshman those 2 shot with the game as close as it was , was just ice in the veins. Every thing about Megan spells KEEPER. Thinking back to Danger's frosh year--she had a tough time hitting FT's , now look at her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom