Props to Mangakahia from Cuse | The Boneyard

Props to Mangakahia from Cuse

Reaction Score
I had no idea she was a breast cancer survivor. To come back and play D1 basketball is amazing. Her ability to come back and to survive is a testament to her heart and fight. I mentioned to my now wife that I loved her hair. I had no idea that her hair may have curled from chemo. My first wife died from breast cancer, unfortunately I’ve seen that.

Cancer sucks and I’m happy she won. Keep winning!

Reaction Score
I had no idea she was a breast cancer survivor. To come back and play D1 basketball is amazing. Her ability to come back and to survive is a testament to her heart and fight. I mentioned to my now wife that I loved her hair. I had no idea that her hair may have curled from chemo. My first wife died from breast cancer, unfortunately I’ve seen that.

My first wife also died from breast cancer. I echo everything you wrote wholeheartedly.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I knew her story already. I watched a lot of the game with the sound off and was a little surprised when I heard them talking about it in the 4th Quarter. Did they not mention anything about it earlier, or in the pregame or halftime? Seemed the sort of story that should get a top billing, not used as filler late in a game already decided. Truly an heroic journey.

Reaction Score
Her struggle with cancer has popped up in the news cycle a few times but would drop off the radar just as fast. She's one of the ones you hate to see lose, regardless of who they play. It's simply not possible to not like her. She reminds me of another one of those seemingly unbreakable survivors we faced a few times, Sam Fuehring. Hated to beat her. She, like Tiana deserves nothing but wins from here on out.

Reaction Score
Her struggle with cancer has popped up in the news cycle a few times but would drop off the radar just as fast. She's one of the ones you hate to see lose, regardless of who they play. It's simply not possible to not like her. She reminds me of another one of those seemingly unbreakable survivors we faced a few times, Sam Fuehring. Hated to beat her. She, like Tiana deserves nothing but wins from here on out.
What is Fuehring's story?

Reaction Score
I survived brain cancer, and I never wanted to be an inspiration or a "survivor"; I just wanted to live. So today I celebrate Tania Mangakahia for being an elite (and plucky) basketball player, a college student with a seemingly bright future, and a woman with the rest of her life in front of her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
God bless this young lady and wish her the best of luck in her life. Tania Mangakahia you are a special person !

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm really glad someone posted this. Tiana Mangakahia burst onto the national scene as a sophomore, seemingly out of nowhere, and led the country in assists at 9.8 (!!!) per game. I first saw her in one of those Vegas tournaments with amateurish video coverage. I spent most of that season talking her up when no one seemed to know who she was. Love her passing skills, her sense of teamwork and her fighting spirit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

She is an amazing young woman. Too bad she can't play for Syracuse forever. But I guess her homeland ( Australia ) beckons. ( I know she is a fifth year senior anyway).

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
How can you not love this young lady, I felt every word, every emotion, every expression of her interview, I think she is special and will go on to be successful with every endeavor she pursues, God Bless you @tianamanga!!!

Reaction Score
Some of the questions that she was asked in the presser were disgraceful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched ’cuse postgame presser just to hear her.
Went back and watched (her) again.
Incredibly dedicated, thankful, strong, focused woman who realizes what is really important in this life.
Obvious, to me, that she has a full and wonderful future ahead of her.
My upmost respect.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
And she also lead the NCAA in assists this year!
Caitlin Clark leads the NCAA in assists this year with 209, and still counting. Ane Olaeta, of Cal Baptist was second with 196 and Didi Richards of Baylor is third with 178, and also still counting. Mangakahia has 145, in 20 games for a 7.2 APG average which puts her in a tie for 2nd, with Clark at 7.2 APG(Clark has played 29 games this season).
Olaeta leads in APG with 7.8

"Active" Career leaders Mangakahia is far ahead with 736, in I believe only 3 years. Olaeta has 646, Slocum has 613 and Didi Richards has 557.

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark leads the NCAA in assists this year with 209, and still counting. Ane Olaeta, of Cal Baptist was second with 196 and Didi Richards of Baylor is third with 178, and also still counting. Mangakahia has 145, in 20 games for a 7.2 APG average which puts her in a tie for 2nd, with Clark at 7.2 APG(Clark has played 29 games this season).
Olaeta leads in APG with 7.8

"Active" Career leaders Mangakahia is far ahead with 736, in I believe only 3 years. Olaeta has 646, Slocum has 613 and Didi Richards has 557.

You are correct. I should have said Assists per game. Mangakahia led the NCAA's with 7.25 APG (145/20) while Clark had 7.21 APG (209/29). No tie, as the official NCAA stats do show :):

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom