OT: - Proposed new Boneyard rule | The Boneyard

OT: Proposed new Boneyard rule

Reaction Score
Dear Nan and other moderators:

I admit that I am always surprised when a member post a serious reply to a post that is obviously sarcastic. Therefore, I would like to propose two new rules in regard to sarcasm. If member post a sarcastic post the :rolleyes: must follow the post. If someone writes a post without the enoji and later states it was sarcasm, a three day suspension of posting privileges would ensue.

If a member responds to a post with the emoji :rolleyes: in as if it were serious they would then receive a three day posting suspension. :rolleyes:

I would also like to thank you and the other moderators for running a great board. And I love you avatars. (If I new how to add the sarcasm emoji with a line thru it it would appear here).

Reaction Score

I admit that I am always surprised when a member post a serious reply to a post that is obviously sarcastic. Therefore, I would like to propose two new rules in regard to sarcasm. If member post a sarcastic post the :rolleyes: must follow the post. If someone writes a post without the enoji and later states it was sarcasm, a three day suspension of posting privileges would ensue.

If a member responds to a post with the emoji :rolleyes: in as if it were serious they would then receive a three day posting suspension. :rolleyes:

I would also like to thank you and the other moderators for running a great board. And I love you avatars. (If I new how to add the sarcasm emoji with a line thru it it would appear here).
What?

Reaction Score
What?
It was a joke. Whenever someone writes a sarcastic post there are two or three replies that make it obvious the sarcasm was missed. Those are followed by two or three post telling everyone that the first post was sarcastic. I just think it would be great if everyone used/understood the sarcasm emoji so there would be fewer of these silly responses.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If a member responds to a post with the emoji :rolleyes: in as if it were serious they would then receive a three day posting suspension.

Yorkeez4, you forgot your :rolleyes: emoji! ;):rolleyes:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

I would second the motion if you were to accept the following, critically insignificant, amendments:

1. The conditions must obtain only on Thursdays that fall on a weekend with a full moon and a neap tide;

2. Convicted offenders must promise not to consume brassicas during their suspensions;

3. Moderators' popcorn rations shall be doubled.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would second the motion if you were to accept the following, critically insignificant, amendments:

1. The conditions must obtain only on Thursdays that fall on a weekend with a full moon and a neap tide;

2. Convicted offenders must promise not to consume brassicas during their suspensions;

3. Moderators popcorn rations shall be doubled.

Under the proposed rule I believe you would be in violation.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

yarder fate.jpg

:rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
After reading this post I couldn't stop laughing, then I settled down and read the replies and had to get up from my computer because I was in tears from the laughing. I want to thank everyone for one of the best laughs I've had in years, ESPECIALLY Yorkeez4.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction Score

: facetious

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
synonyms:

flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous; More

Sarcasm

The use of irony to mock or convey contempt

Derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; More

Reaction Score

More work for the moderators.

Reaction Score
It was a joke. Whenever someone writes a sarcastic post there are two or three replies that make it obvious the sarcasm was missed. Those are followed by two or three post telling everyone that the first post was sarcastic. I just think it would be great if everyone used/understood the sarcasm emoji so there would be fewer of these silly responses.

No more posts for you, 3 day suspension! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom