Proposal to Expand Women's Tournament to 68 Teams | The Boneyard

Proposal to Expand Women's Tournament to 68 Teams

Reaction Score
Does the women's tournament need 4 more teams? Not really. Parity not quite on par with the men's game yet (but closing the gap). But I'm not against seeing two more tournament games and some decisions on bubble teams are like splitting hairs so why not?

Reaction Score
If you're a bubble team you didn't do enough during the season and/or conference tournament to warrant inclusion in the first place.

If they were to expand the tournament it would make more sense to take the last 8 bubble teams and have them do a "play-in" game, the 4 winners becoming the #10 seeds in the tournament.

Any non-P5 teams on the bubble should first be used to fill out the #11 seeds. Let's stop the nonsense of having any P5 schools as #11 seeds - they don't belong in the tournament.

Reaction Score
There’s already about 58 teams in the tournament with a 0% chance to win, 4 more teams aren’t going to hurt anything. Heck, let every D1 team in the tournament, that way no one will have hurt feelings.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Does the women's tournament need 4 more teams? Not really. Parity not quite on par with the men's game yet (but closing the gap). But I'm not against seeing two more tournament games and some decisions on bubble teams are like splitting hairs so why not?

Do they need 4 more teams? I say no. The men's side is full of parity and has had bubble teams get all the way to the final four so I understand it more there. On the women's side the last teams in almost never make it out of the first 2 rounds. The only outlier I can think of is Oregon in 2017.

I'm fine with expanding the field to draw in more fans but I already think 64 is probably 10-20 more than it needs to be.

Reaction Score
Do they need 4 more teams? I say no. The men's side is full of parity and has had bubble teams get all the way to the final four so I understand it more there. On the women's side the last teams in almost never make it out of the first 2 rounds. The only outlier I can think of is Oregon in 2017.

I'm fine with expanding the field to draw in more fans but I already think 64 is probably 10-20 more than it needs to be.
Why are you for lesser teams being in the tournament? I just curious because I noticed that some WBB fans believe that there's too many teams in the tournament.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Why are you for lesser teams being in the tournament? I just curious because I noticed that some WBB fans believe that there's too many teams in the tournament.
I dont think the NCAA should reduce number of teams since the more teams that make it, the more exposure their is for the spot. But a lot of the teams that make it just aren't very good or haven't had good seasons. Adding the 65-68th best teams doesn't make for a more exciting NCAA tournament, it just waters it down IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom