Prophylactic Bob ... | The Boneyard

Prophylactic Bob ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When does it end ...

Wacky Bob sure. But the more dominant personality is overly protective.

He's in his third year. We recognize this incredible sense that any risk gets you ... you might lose.

How about:
1. Punting the ball twice on the opponents side of the field. It's Navy. Take a shot for a lead.
2. Finally got the ball to Mayala. Kid can catch. Make plays. With Thomas, voila, it's two playmakers ... Plus Bloom/David/Myers. You can move the ball. Shirreffs % is like Orel Hershiser now. Open up.
3. Punt Return. Yikes. What are you teaching. It's dumb.

And clock.

Ok. Edsall did get better ... Maybe Bob can learn.

Reaction Score
When does it end ...

Wacky Bob sure. But the more dominant personality is overly protective.

He's in his third year. We recognize this incredible sense that any risk gets you ... you might lose.

How about:
1. Punting the ball twice on the opponents side of the field. It's Navy. Take a shot for a lead.
2. Finally got the ball to Mayala. Kid can catch. Make plays. With Thomas, voila, it's two playmakers ... Plus Bloom/David/Myers. You can move the ball. Shirreffs % is like Orel Hershiser now. Open up.
3. Punt Return. Yikes. What are you teaching. It's dumb.

And clock.

Ok. Edsall did get better ... Maybe Bob can learn.

After yesterday it will be very hard for him to convince me that he will ever be able to manage a game. Talk of firing is dumb, but I would be surprised if Benedict doesn't have his "what if" notepad in front of him and isn't giving thought as to what would happen and where he would turn if ....

Someone talked about Edsall and Sanches way back in I think '03 or '04. Sanchez was a walk on who aggressively moved to get to and fair catch everything, but not to try to return it. Lemelle is an upperclassmen rotation WR who doesn't get to a high enough percentage of punts to fair catch them. There is no comparison.

I will try to do a 241 tonight. It's still too soon.

Reaction Score
HCBD better pray we don't get Big 12 invite. If so, he will be on hot seat day one.

Reaction Score
After yesterday it will be very hard for him to convince me that he will ever be able to manage a game. Talk of firing is dumb, but I would be surprised if Benedict doesn't have his "what if" notepad in front of him and isn't giving thought as to what would happen and where he would turn if ....

Someone talked about Edsall and Sanches way back in I think '03 or '04. Sanchez was a walk on who aggressively moved to get to and fair catch everything, but not to try to return it. Lemelle is an upperclassmen rotation WR who doesn't get to a high enough percentage of punts to fair catch them. There is no comparison.

BizLaw I feel your pain. That said, I am sick of this no punt return philosophy. It is taking away a de facto method of offense. I cringe that the d-backs don't blast the gunners at the line of scrimmage, that "returners" are instructed to shy away from the ball if inside the 20 yard line, hoping that it will bounce into the end zone. Further, I am incensed that Diaco won't let Newsome onto the punt return team & now no longer fields kickoffs. He is the only competent returner on the team & has the moxie to get positive yardage with the breakaway threat to keep the opposition honest. That Diaco ignores this facet of the game boggles the mind.

Reaction Score
Coach Diaco warned the fans on his Friday appearance with Ray Dunaway that we all need to by physically prepared for the stresses of close games this season. Take our medicine, diet, exersize etc. The end of the game with no timeouts was bungled by the staff still trying to prove that we are a power running team. I hope that at some point we won't be afraid to throw the ball in the endzone. Shirreffs had quite a day and it was wasted.

Reaction Score
Coach Diaco warned the fans on his Friday appearance with Ray Dunaway that we all need to by physically prepared for the stresses of close games this season. Take our medicine, diet, exersize etc. The end of the game with no timeouts was bungled by the staff still trying to prove that we are a power running team. I hope that at some point we won't be afraid to throw the ball in the endzone. Shirreffs had quite a day and it was wasted.
The close game concept is based on the idea you can't hang and trade punches. Play it close and steal a win is a loser mentality. So done with this head case.

Reaction Score
He coached scared! That cost us the game. Not just the end as said above. We punted on there side of the field. Running on 2nd down consistently. Not trusting in our Qb. Someone needs to hold him accountable. And as I tell my employees accountably isn't your fired. Not at first.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

At least we don't have to worry about another program stealing him away this season. I actually thought that was a possibility. Sad part is the play has improved, but the mistakes and turnovers mask it. When was the last time was had positive feeling about the QB position?

Oline and LB's are still not of past UConn caliber.

Reaction Score
I've said before, Draco needs to have one of his coaches protect him from himself during games. I think the guy is so emotional he can't make good decisions.

That said, he had his strengths and I think this team will continue to play very hard for him.

Half the fans in college football want their head coach fired every Saturday. The fans on this board are no different.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We should have never been in that situation to begin with. Period. But, that doesn't help the fact that Diaco has had clock management issues before. I think he needs a GA just dedicated to watching the clock and pushing him to make decisions as HC. How can you NOT have a couple of plays ready to call in with the clock running out, regardless of if Hergy is in or out of bounds on the 1 yard line? That's on Verducci and Diaco right there...

Then on the other hand, that ending should have been a delay of game call by the refs for Navy's D not getting off of Ron Johnson in time to run another play. And for Diaco not to even address that as an issue here was wrong. I know UConn's players all siad they'd do the same thing, but 9 out of 10 times we'd get called on it I'm sure! There should have been a delay of game and 3 or 4 seconds put back on the clock.

Reaction Score
We should have never been in that situation to begin with. Period. But, that doesn't help the fact that Diaco has had clock management issues before. I think he needs a GA just dedicated to watching the clock and pushing him to make decisions as HC. How can you NOT have a couple of plays ready to call in with the clock running out, regardless of if Hergy is in or out of bounds on the 1 yard line? That's on Verducci and Diaco right there...

Then on the other hand, that ending should have been a delay of game call by the refs for Navy's D not getting off of Ron Johnson in time to run another play. And for Diaco not to even address that as an issue here was wrong. I know UConn's players all siad they'd do the same thing, but 9 out of 10 times we'd get called on it I'm sure! There should have been a delay of game and 3 or 4 seconds put back on the clock.

NO REF WILL CALL THAT

It is the Naval Academy. That was entirely predictable. That's why you simply cannot run on that situation. OUR Guys at UConn would know to lay on the ballcarrier as well.

Reaction Score
"We knew it was going to be a battle until the final whistle and it was. We just didn't do enough to win the game. I remain proud of the way our players played, I am proud of their effort, resiliency and persistence. They turned their lights on at some point in the second quarter full blast. We just didn't have enough time and yards down the stretch."

He's honestly getting annoying. Once again places the blames on the players and not himself. This is not what a leader does! You blew it, dude! We had 3 plays to run, the odds are 1 of them would have given us the TD, the plays, yardage before that point was meaningless when the game was right there for the taking and you choked!

Reaction Score
"We knew it was going to be a battle until the final whistle and it was. We just didn't do enough to win the game. I remain proud of the way our players played, I am proud of their effort, resiliency and persistence. They turned their lights on at some point in the second quarter full blast. We just didn't have enough time and yards down the stretch."

He's honestly getting annoying. Once again places the blames on the players and not himself. This is not what a leader does! You blew it, dude! We had 3 plays to run, the odds are 1 of them would have given us the TD, the plays, yardage before that point was meaningless when the game was right there for the taking and you choked!

Yep. He blew it. As soon as I saw Navy stacked every single player up the middle at the final play, I knew we were getting stuffed. I was praying we were going for a play action, but Ron Johnson in the backfield told me we were going to run up the middle. It was a disaster. I still can't believe Diaco won't admit he cost us the game.

Reaction Score
HCBD better pray we don't get Big 12 invite. If so, he will be on hot seat day one.

I can't call him HCBD after Saturday. I dub him The HEIC Bobby D. The Head Eunuch in Charge. He is sack-less and clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom