Proof that Aresco Reads the Boneyard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Proof that Aresco Reads the Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Except the only school in the league that is in the country is the one in Storrs. Memphis, Tunlane and Cinci were all in the old Metro Conference (as was Louisville...giving more credence to the ACC's screw up). I like Metro Atlantic better than Atlantic Metro, but there is the alphabetic consideration.

That has nothing to do with it. The south is all "country". In the south, city people like country too. Orlando, Houston, Tampa, Carolina, Louisiana etc. are all "country".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you like Metro Atlantic, you're in luck, because there already is one, and they have a school right here in CT called Fairfield University.

Ahh crap.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That has nothing to do with it. The south is all "country". In the south, city people like country too. Orlando, Houston, Tampa, Carolina, Louisiana etc. are all "country".

Well the big country fest in Foxborough MA is the concert that sells out Gillette the fastest every year. Country music has essentially replaced rock and roll, which has vanished from the radio except in oldies form. That's true even in the north.

Reaction Score
I thought the redundant use of America in an acronym that spells AMERICA would be good humor for you guys as it would be a total Big East move to do something like that :(

You'll be in the ACC soon enough. I'm a pretty strong believer of both the 'Aresco was brought on to oversee the death of the conference' and 'the ACC will be poached again soon' theories.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I could get behind the America America Conference. If one America is awesome, then two would be double awesome.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

pj

Reaction Score
If you like Metro Atlantic, you're in luck, because there already is one, and they have a school right here in CT called Fairfield University.

And look what that name has done for them!

How about the America duck* Yeah Conference:

Reaction Score
I could get behind the America America Conference. If one America is awesome, then two would be double awesome.

What about American Athletic Association? AAA, first on any list, and get the Automobile organization to sponsor!

Reaction Score
The ppl who live in Fairfield County consider the rest of the state except NewHaven and Hartford "country" probably rightfully so.

Reaction Score
Someone brought up the Alliance before.

I guess you can have, the American Alliance, and call the teams the Allies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's obvious, seeing as who our conference membership consists of and the fact that we don't want a number in the conference name, the conference will end up being named...

Conference America.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I was joking. The East Coast Conference or the Big Atlantic Conference are the two I like best.

Reaction Score
The FedEx All American Conference.

It doesn't sound bad, FedEx would probably be willing to do it what with Memphis being a member now, and it lends itself to a great fan chant: "FAAC YOU!"

Charge 'em $12-24 million to completely deck out all of your gear and fields/courts. A cool $1-2 million extra per school that separates the new conference from the rest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still think we ought to sell the name to a sponsor.
Well if Aresco is negotiating the deal he'll get a million.. for the entire conference and then brag about the exposure.

Reaction Score
Well if Aresco is negotiating the deal he'll get a million.. for the entire conference and then brag about the exposure.

He'll end paying Vizio to put their name on our "conference".

Reaction Score
I was joking. The East Coast Conference or the Big Atlantic Conference are the two I like best.

Yep, I really like East Coast Conference too. Sensible and conservative name compared to the one's that are being suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom