Projected Top 100 Scorers in College Hoops This Season | The Boneyard

Projected Top 100 Scorers in College Hoops This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There are a handful of guys on the team that could easily average 13.4. I think the problem right now is that nobody knows who our primary scorer(s) is/are going to be. One or 2 of them should crack the list but there's no way of knowing who it'll be until the season plays out. It's completely up in the air at this point.

But I would gladly trade nobody from UConn finishing in the top 100 if we have a bunch of guys in the 100-200 range

Reaction Score
I don't think it's that crazy. The 2009 team had four guys average between 13-14 ppg. I would guess that Hamilton and Gibbs both end up higher than 13.4, but probably not by too much.

Reaction Score
Purvis. With any improvement in his FT shooting and 3-pt shooting, he should easily average 15 playing the way he did at the end of last year. Now, he will get more attention from the D, and there are more scorers to share with, but he is going to score. Hamilton and Gibbs should both be in the 13 PPG range too.

Reaction Score
Purvis. With any improvement in his FT shooting and 3-pt shooting, he should easily average 15 playing the way he did at the end of last year. Now, he will get more attention from the D, and there are more scorers to share with, but he is going to score. Hamilton and Gibbs should both be in the 13 PPG range too.
Over his last 9 games he went for 16 ppg on 45% shooting, 40% from 3 and 71% from the stripe. Eight of 9 games in double-digits, including 28 and 29-point games vs. SMU.

I'll be pretty surprised if he's not a bigtime scorer for us this year.

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller averaged 14.1 points in 10 games over the last two years against high level D1 competition (Vandy, Duke, Wisconsin, Arizona State, Harvard, South Carolina, Penn State, Syracuse). He was often double teamed as Cornell had few other offensive threats. I'd be surprised if he does not average 13.4 playing for a team that is offensively adept as opponents will not be able to double team him. He's going to surprise you and I plan to be saying "I told you so" at the end of the season.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller averaged 14.1 points in 10 games over the last two years against high level D1 competition (Vandy, Duke, Wisconsin, Arizona State, Harvard, South Carolina, Penn State, Syracuse). He was often double teamed as Cornell had few other offensive threats. I'd be surprised if he does not average 13.4 playing for a team that is offensively adept as opponents will not be able to double team him. He's going to surprise you and I plan to be saying "I told you so" at the end of the season.

I will be very happy if this turns out to have a deja vu quality to the prediction.

Reaction Score
We have so many offensive weapons that he won't get the shot volume that he did at Cornell. 10-11 ppg sounds about right IMO, but I will gladly accept an "I told you so" at the end of the season.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Jury is out on Adams. He could play at such a high level that he gets 14 lacing up his sneaks.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think this is fine. We have a ton of scoring options so I don't know if anyone will consistently score that much. Our scoring efficiency, however, should be a lot better than it was last year.

Reaction Score
To be honest this team has 6 guys who can carve out 20 point games on a given night so it will be hard for anyone to have a real high average. I mean what the Huskies have will be better than teams who have a guy who averages 24.5 pts a game.

It will be a night-to-night option change depending on hot hands, the opponents choice in who they want to take out of the flow etc etc.. This is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Omar and his 20+ per game isn't on this list? Ridiculous

XRM should be a lot higher

Reaction Score

I think you've got to balance the double teams with the fact that he was the #1 option for Cornell. We've got a lot of guys that can score, and like to score. Miller's not going to be the focal point of the offense and guys like Gibbs and Hamilton aren't going to defer to Miller at the end of the shot clock, or at any time for that matter. He's almost certainly going to see a decrease in minutes and shot attempts at UConn.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that's bullish on Senior Omar? I have a feeling he is going to surprise the Nation.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is going to explode this season. We could see close to 20 PPG from him.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
To be honest this team has 6 guys who can carve out 20 point games on a given night so it will be hard for anyone to have a real high average. I mean what the Huskies have will be better than teams who have a guy who averages 24.5 pts a game.

It will be a night-to-night option change depending on hot hands, the opponents choice in who they want to take out of the flow etc etc.. This is a good thing.
Hot hand and mismatches mostly will dictate who the go to guy is on a night to night basis. It is is going to be very exciting to watch how KO manages this. If Adams is a sixth man it is going to be exciting watch him come in and be an explosive scorer off the bench. The possibilities are really looking good. Don't think it is going to be fun for opposing defenses.

Reaction Score
There are a handful of guys on the team that could easily average 13.4. I think the problem right now is that nobody knows who our primary scorer(s) is/are going to be. One or 2 of them should crack the list but there's no way of knowing who it'll be until the season plays out. It's completely up in the air at this point.

But I would gladly trade nobody from UConn finishing in the top 100 if we have a bunch of guys in the 100-200 range

I'm more inclined to wonder how many players will average double-doubles. Hamilton, Miller, Brimah, Gibbs.....but will there be enough missed shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom