Projected Depth Chart Becomes Clearer as Season Opener Creeps Closer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Projected Depth Chart Becomes Clearer as Season Opener Creeps Closer

Reaction Score
The chart with WR should include slot receivers. We will play enough three wide that the there will be two outside guys and slot. Skanes may be at he the top of the board as our slot.

It might be something like

Outside. 1-Mayala, 2-McLean 3-Davis

Outside. 1-Beals, 2-Dixon

Slot. 1- Skanes

But there is a lot flexibility here. Both Beals and Dixon could play the slot. Imagine a big line up, say on third down, of 6-2 Mayala and 6-5 McLean on the outside and a 6-3 Dixon in the slot. Or a speed line up that runs runs three verticals with Beals and Dixon outside and Skanes in the slot. There are may possibilities here. And we haven't hear very much about the uber -talented Rose. They call him an H-back but the could move to TE or even WR on any given play. This group is only limited by the OC imagination and this tie we have an OC with an imagination.

Bloom and Meyers are both seniors, and we've heard promising things about Holman. I would expect Rose to be redshirted.

Reaction Score
@UConn07 Hahn spent more time playing LB yesterday than he did at Safety. If I was a betting man I'd say he was a 2 at LB behind Stapleton more than a "or" at Safety.

With Flowers and USF coming North on I95 in game #2, speed is required on the corners in order to contain. Having some converted Dbacks at LB could pay dividends vs. a warp speed dual threat like Flowers.

Reaction Score
This should be the best overall group of WR's we've ever had. We also have a QB with a quick release and an improving O line that can better protect given his mobility and more importantly his ability to quickly read and adjust to stunting defenses. Our tight ends will finally be used properly. This can be an explosive offense. We just need to make our field goals.

Reaction Score
The chart with WR should include slot receivers. We will play enough three wide that the there will be two outside guys and slot. Skanes may be at he the top of the board as our slot.

Slot. 1- Skanes

But there is a lot flexibility here. Both Beals and Dixon could play the slot. Imagine a big line up, say on third down, of 6-2 Mayala and 6-5 McLean on the outside and a 6-3 Dixon in the slot. Or a speed line up that runs runs three verticals with Beals and Dixon outside and Skanes in the slot. There are may possibilities here. And we haven't hear very much about the uber -talented Rose. They call him an H-back but the could move to TE or even WR on any given play. This group is only limited by the OC imagination and this tie we have an OC with an imagination.

I see DWilliams getting more burn at WR then Davis. Just needs to polish up his route running

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Bloom and Meyers are both seniors, and we've heard promising things about Holman. I would expect Rose to be redshirted.
I'm curious about how they will handle Rose because I believe he now has only four years to play four football seasons.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nope, that's right. Edsall wisely moved him from TE-WR. Fiasco was an idiot for putting him at TE undersized

Undersized and perhaps more problematic, he just wasn't a natural to blocking - at any capacity. Hey, we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Well - you know what that is worth unless it was an observation from third party.

On an unrelated note - I am real happy to hear that Donovan Williams move to WR is working out from early indications. This could be a happy ending.
He is a big target. I would not be surprise to see him on the field when we get inside the other teams 20 yard line when speed is not as important as size and hands for a wide receiver.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nope, that's right. Edsall wisely moved him from TE-WR. Fiasco was an idiot for putting him at TE undersized

Well he's really an H back, but we never used that role in the offense. Curious to see if Lashlee and Edsall find a way to use him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm curious about how they will handle Rose because I believe he now has only four years to play four football seasons.

Yes, I think Rose and Buss have interesting and I think unanswered eligibility questions.

Reaction Score

Slot. 1- Skanes

Dixon was a very good QB and runner at Glastonbury High School.

Reaction Score
This should be the best overall group of WR's we've ever had. We also have a QB with a quick release and an improving O line that can better protect given his mobility and more importantly his ability to quickly read and adjust to stunting defenses. Our tight ends will finally be used properly. This can be an explosive offense. We just need to make our field goals.

Many of us have some degree of optimism about the offense this year.

Here are basic reasons for optimism.

A. We can't get an worse than last year.
B. We have experience and explosiveness, OL and skill positions
C. David Pindell named early as starter
D. Lashlee, Grimes and Co. - Up tempo offense

Whats so strange is unlike prior years, the Defense is a bigger concern!

The Defense just needs to get Crocked!
020.jpg

Reaction Score

Slot. 1- Skanes

I was keying on McLean because I had high hopes for him last year.
Looks like he will get a chance this year. Oddly enough I believe MClean lined up in the slot one time and caught a pass on a crossing pattern that was thrown a high

Reaction Score
It wont matter. He'll start next year anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom