Projected 5 seed | The Boneyard

Projected 5 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I think we've got a shot to get to a 3 seed as a best-case scenario. More realistically I think we will be a 4/5 seed... And I wouldn't be surprised if Cuse is the 1 seed we would inevitably face.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
3 games against good teams; two of them at home. Would love to go 2-1, but even 1-2 (which this site predicts) would leave us in good shape. 0-3 would be bad, although as long as we win the other 3 games against the bad teams, there's no chance we miss the tournament.

What's most important in my mind is getting up to the 3 seed in the conference for the tournament. We've locked up a first-round bye, but if we finish 4th or 5th, we have to play a really good team in the quarterfinals. Would much rather have a cupcake to all but guarantee our spot in the semis.

Reaction Score
Not sure Cuse will be a number one seed. I believe Vir. will win the regular season ACC crown. If they will the tour. they will be a number one. However the ACC tour. Could go to Duke since it's in their backyard.

Reaction Score
Looks about right. I think we have a decent shot to go 5-1 over the last six and that might get us up to a 4.

Reaction Score
Say we go 29-5, the other top 5 teams beat each other at the right times and we win the AAC tourney & regular season. Where does that put us? 2 seed?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Say we go 29-5, the other top 4 teams beat each other at the right times and we win the AAC tourney & regular season. Where does that put us? 2 seed?
If we run the table I would think a 2-3 seed is very realistic. We would have beaten 4-5 ranked teams.

Reaction Score
We won't snag a 3 seed unless we run the table, and if we did that we'd have an outside chance at a 2. I really think we'd need to win the conference tourney for a 3 seed, we might be able to get one if we drop one during the regular season then run through the tournament. I'm not sure if we'd get a 5 seed if we lost two games, but it also depends on what happens with the other top teams in our conference

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anywhere from a 2-6 is still possible.

2-Seed means running the table and winning the AAC tourney. Might be able to lose at L'ville and still get a two if UConn wins the AAC. And probably still need some help from higher ranked teams losing.
3-Seed is almost the same as above but involves fewer teams helping UConn out. Requires UConn to at least make the AAC finals. Doesn't require miracles to get this #.
4- Seed is where I think UConn most likely ends up. Allows for a loss in the regular season and a loss in the AAC in the semi-finals.
5-Seed means that UConn loses at least one more WTF regular season loss and a loss in the AAC.
6-Seed means the Boneyard will be up in arms. I don't want to think about this.

Reaction Score
I think we've got a shot to get to a 3 seed as a best-case scenario. More realistically I think we will be a 4/5 seed... And I wouldn't be surprised if Cuse is the 1 seed we would inevitably face.

Cuse will be the weakest #1 seed, so hopefully they are in our bracket. They really are not that good, a 2 man team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom