Projected 2017-2018 Lines? | The Boneyard

Projected 2017-2018 Lines?

Reaction Score
With the schedule posted yesterday, it got me thinking about projected lines for next year. From the best of my knowledge, there is not a big volume of players leaving (Thompson, Richardson, Nichols, Morgan) but there's a big incoming 17-18 class (I believe 12). Here's my best stab at projected lines for next year, with freshman in bold.

Naas-Letunov-Ojanakanen
Howarth-Kalter-El Mir
Evans-Freeman-Turnbull
Howell-Schwartz-Ronan

Extras: Payusov, Wight,

Pratt-Drake
Masonius-Nyberg
Austin-Gendron
Newpower

Extras: Nelson

Huska
Thulin
Creel

Where do all of these other freshman fit?

Reaction Score
Turnbull and Howarth are both 18'-19'

From what I've gathered through the recruiting thread, this will be the incoming class:

Will Garin | RW | 2017-18
Adam Karashik | RD | 2017-18
Evan Wisocky | C | 2017-18
Mike Young | RD | 2017-18
Zac Robbins | LW | 2017-18
Brian Rigali | C | 2017-18
Johnny Evans | F | 2017-18
Bradley Stone | G | 2017-18

Naas (Sr.) – Ojantakanen (Sr.) – Ronan (Sr.)
El-Mir (Jr.) – Letunov (Jr.) – Garin (Fr.)
Payusov (So.) – Wisocky (Fr.) – Freeman (So.)
Evans (Fr.) – Kalter (Jr.) – Schwartz (Sr.)

Pratt (Sr.) – Newpower (So.)
Austin (Sr.) – Drake (Sr.)
Masonius (Jr.) – Gendron (Jr.)

Bench: Wight (Sr.), Rigali (Fr.), Howell (So.), Robbins (Fr.), Nelson (So.), Karashik (Fr.) & Young (Fr.)

Unfortunately it looks like the roster doesn't have enough scoring punch again but our D-core is experienced and we have Huska.

Reaction Score
Next years class (18-19) will be pretty loaded though - especially with Timmons reclassifying:

Kale Howarth | C | 2018-19
Connor Mayer | LD | 2018-19
Jordan Timmons | RW | 2018-19
Nik Allain | C | 2018-19
Drew Elser | LW | 2018-19
Tomas Vomacka | G | 2018-19
Carter Turnbull | RW | 2018-19
Thomas Samuelsen | RW | 2018-19

Reaction Score
Left off Nyberg accidentally but can't go back and edit.

Pratt (Sr.) – Newpower (So.)
Nyberg (So.) – Drake (Sr.)
Austin (Sr.) – Masonius (Jr.) / Gendron (Jr.)

Reaction Score
Good talk, guys. :rolleyes:
In my opinion, this program's best chance at making any noise in Hockey East was last season. In terms of expectations, it was a very disappointing season.

This season the incoming class talent wise will rank in the bottom three of the league. In addition, I believe the best they could hope for is an 8th place finish.

The program will remain as a bottom 3 team in the league until on campus facilities are built, which is years away from happening. It is hard to have any enthusiasm about this program's future moving forward until something is done about it. It hurts recruiting, the on ice product, and the fans' interest.

With the exceptional new coaching staff at UMass and their recruiting prowess, UMass will be surpassing UConn for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, UConn will at the bottom with Maine and Merrimack for awhile.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, this program's best chance at making any noise in Hockey East was last season. In terms of expectations, it was a very disappointing season.

This season the incoming class talent wise will rank in the bottom three of the league. In addition, I believe the best they could hope for is an 8th place finish.

The program will remain as a bottom 3 team in the league until on campus facilities are built, which is years away from happening. It is hard to have any enthusiasm about this program's future moving forward until something is done about it. It hurts recruiting, the on ice product, and the fans' interest.

With the exceptional new coaching staff at UMass and their recruiting prowess, UMass will be surpassing UConn for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, UConn will at the bottom with Maine and Merrimack for awhile.

Mac is DEAD-ON with this! The three things he mentions are a nasty cycle..recruiting gets hurt, on-ice product suffers which leads to the typical fair weather UConn sports fan bailing with the love affair of living to HE over. It's a cycle that will be hard to break until something concrete (plans and a break ground date) comes down facility wise that Cav can sell to recruits. The one thing that is on UConn's side is landing kids like Letunov, Masnoius and Nyberg who have admissions issues at another school. As for the roster...things seems pretty set up-front but on the blue line there may be changes...Karashik can play so someone may get bumped. Hopefully the S&C program improved...a kid like Payusov was so ill prepared he didn't even belong on the ice last year..he was pushed around from his first shift last season. Sr and Jr class have to step up goal production or it will be a LONG year. If Letunov isn't the number 1 center then there are HUGE issues as well!

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
practice video<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/duckFSluMrchA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom