Program alert! | The Boneyard

Program alert!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Prior to today's game vs USF, ESPNU is airing a replay of the 1996 Big East final, where a certain guy named Walter Ray Allen distinguished himself. On at 11 am EDT, 10 am CDT.

Reaction Score
I was there for that game sitting on the floor behind the backboard. Jahidi white dunked and I though the whole hoop was coming down

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
2nd day in a row ESPNU airing a great all time UConn conference tourney game. They are doing their part to channel the good karma...

Reaction Score
I was there for that game sitting on the floor behind the backboard. Jahidi white dunked and I though the whole hoop was coming down
I was 2 rows behind the Georgetown bench, basically right behind where Coach Thompson stood the entire game. That guy had the loudest voice ever! One of the funnest games I've ever been to, coming down the stretch was awesome, that's when we knew we had a special defender in Ricky Moore.

Reaction Score
I still can’t believe Georgetown missed that layup at the end. Ray was awful that game.

Reaction Score
I will never forget this game....I was watching in our bedroom on a small TV. My wife had the "good TV" downstairs. She came upstairs just as Knight fouled out and we were down double digits late in the 2nd half. Her immediate comment when she saw the score was "what's wrong with them?" She watched the rest of the game with me as everything turned Husky Blue and White. :) I have this game on a VCR tape in the basement but DVR'd this replay today. Will make for a nice Thursday evening. :)

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Moore and King saved our asses in that game. Knight missed most of the 2H in foul trouble and then fouled out with over five min left. Hayward also played some solid D in Knight's absence.

Reaction Score
I still can’t believe Georgetown missed that layup at the end. Ray was awful that game.
Ray was awful when we played at Georgetown that year too. I think that was the game that Iverson dunked horribly on Rudy Johnson . We were so bad in that game that I was sure we were gonna lost the finals.

Reaction Score
Up 11 with 4:45 to go and John Thompson took the air out of the ball and they never scored again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wonder if they might have been better served if they lost. That team's NCAA performance is up there with the 2006 squad for disappointing. Worse in the sense that we were still looking for our first FF at the time.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Up 11 with 4:45 to go and John Thompson took the air out of the ball and they never scored again.

Yep. He pulled a Guy Lewis...same mistake Guy made in the 1983 final vs NC State, with a bad free throw shooting team. Georgetown was brick city from the FT line during that stretch. Maybe history can repeat itself tomorrow for the team formerly known as Phi Slama Jama. Here's hoping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom