Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 (Towson) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 (Towson) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's now the beginning of the end for our two seniors and they seemed to be a little PO'd at the committee for a #2 seed that was given to "THEIR" team. Lou is back and may not be 100%, but look at how she played with only one functional leg for most of last year, I don't think that she won't give anything less then 100% for the rest of her UConn career. Phees showed something that we haven't seen from her when she also backed Lou when she posted Lou's InstaGram post on the committee's seeding of UConn. I feel sorry for Towson being the sacrificial lamb to our Huskies but someone has to be. UConn 105 - Towson 48. Predictions will be accepted up to game time, which is 6:30 PM Eastern or 3:30 PM Pacific. Good Luck, attached is the list of tournament eligible players.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Tournament Spreadsheet.pdf
    71.9 KB · Views: 57

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect the Huskies to push the pace as much as ever. 95-45 with the rookies looking good.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Towson is not your usual 1/16 pushover...even if it is 15.

Spirited bunch; they'll compete.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Lou fakes the 3 and passes to a cutting Pheesa... UConn avoids OT... 64-62 :cool:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Towson(whats a Towson?) 45
UConn 86
1600s
The first inhabitants of the future Towson and central Baltimore County region were the Susquehannock people who hunted in the area. Their region included all of Baltimore County, though their primary settlement was farther northeast along the Susquehanna River.[4]
1700s
Towson was settled in 1752 when Pennsylvania brothers, William and Thomas Towson, began farming an area of Sater's Hill, northeast of the present-day York and Joppa Roads.[5] William's son, Ezekiel, opened the Towson Hotel to serve the growing number of farmers bringing their produce and livestock to the port of Baltimore. He built the hotel at current-day Shealy Avenue and York Road, near the area's main crossroads.[6] The village became known as "Towsontown".[3][7] The property in West Towson came from two land grants: 400 acre Gott's Hope in 1719, and Gunner's Range in 1706.[8]
In 1790, businessman Capt. Charles Ridgely completed the magnificent Hampton Mansion just north of Towsontown, the largest private house in America at the time. The Ridgelys lived there for six generations, until 1948.[9] It is now preserved as the Hampton National Historic Site and open to the public.
1800s
Dr. Grafton Marsh, a surgeon during the war of 1812, and his brother Dr. Josiah Marsh settled their families in a collection of early houses known as Gott's Hope that was part of a group along Joppa Road. They consolidated four of the structures into a larger dwelling that they called "Marshmont". The brothers went into business together as medical practitioners. Neither had any heirs but were joined in practice later by their nephew, Dr. Grafton Marsh Bosley, who eventually inherited the medical practice, the Marshmont compound, and a 140-acre farm. The farm extended west of York Road, south of Joppa Road, north of the Sheppard Pratt Hospital, and east of Woodbine Avenut.[10] In 1869,[11] Bosley and his wife Margaret Nicholson then built a new home in an area of the property known as "Highlands"[12] or "Highland Park", which they named "Uplands".[8]
The ratification of the second Maryland Constitution of 1851 provided for the jurisdictional separation of the former Baltimore Town, founded in 1729. Baltimore Town had served as the county seat since 1767, now the City of Baltimore, since its incorporation in 1796–97 by the General Assembly of Maryland. Several tortured sets of negotiations occurred to divide the various assets of the city and the county, such as the downtown courthouse of 1805, the city/county jail of 1801 along the Jones Falls (at East Madison Street) and the almshouse, which was also jointly owned. After a series of elections and referenda, on February 13, 1854, Towson became, by popular vote, the choice of the remaining, now mostly rural, eastern, northern and western portions of the county as the new county seat of Baltimore County.[13]

This is a "Towson" according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn 88-31. Lou sits the second half.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the Towson Tigers on their 1st ever trip to the Big Dance.

UConn wins 105 - 52

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Towson(whats a Towson?) 45
UConn 86

As a Maryland resident, I can say that they don't have towns here as they do in New England. So they have parts of counties that kind of get names. Many of which are meaningless.

Where I live depends on whom you ask. I believe the phone company has me in Silver Spring; the Postal Service in Rockville; the Census in Aspen Hill; the community association, of which I'm not a part, would have me in their community; and I would put myself in Norbeck.

Oh, and on the way back from New England, I pass through King's Contrivance, MD. I am not making this up. And while I'm at it, tomorrow I'm going to central Virginia, and will be dangerously close to Short Pump.

Reaction Score
It's now the beginning of the end for our two seniors and they seemed to be a little PO'd at the committee for a #2 seed that was given to "THEIR" team. Lou is back and may not be 100%, but look at how she played with only one functional leg for most of last year, I don't think that she won't give anything less then 100% for the rest of her UConn career. Phees showed something that we haven't seen from her when she also backed Lou when she posted Lou's InstaGram post on the committee's seeding of UConn. I feel sorry for Towson being the sacrificial lamb to our Huskies but someone has to be. UConn 105 - Towson 48. Predictions will be accepted up to game time, which is 6:30 PM Eastern or 3:30 PM Pacific. Good Luck, attached is the list of tournament eligible players.

MSGRET- - How do I get my name on the list? UCONN 97/ Towson 42

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
100-55. Lou with 8 3pt makes

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
MSGRET- - How do I get my name on the list? UCONN 97/ Towson 42
To qualify for the tournament round you had to have scored points in the regular season predictions. Last year it was for the Top 25, this year it was for anyone that scored a point in the regular season moves forward to the tournament round. I will record all the predictions submitted, but only give points to the one's on the list.

Reaction Score
Looking at their roster, Towson has some size. Two 6'-3" and one 6'-4" forwards and a 6'-5" center. They are also a very young team with mostly sophomores and freshmen. I haven't seen them play so I don't know how athletic they are but with that size they look like they have some fouls to give and things inside could be tough. Hopefully the Huskies shoot well from the outside. The game could be closer than you might think. I hope the Tigers make a good showing (not too good, though! ;)) because, like I said, their campus is literally just down the road from my house and we know many kids who go there, including my son's girl friend. By the way, the school is known by the locals as "York Road U."

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Looking at their roster, Towson has some size. Two 6'-3" and one 6'-4" forwards and a 6'-5" center. They are also a very young team with mostly sophomores and freshmen. I haven't seen them play so I don't know how athletic they are but with that size they look like they have some fouls to give and things inside could be tough. Hopefully the Huskies shoot well from the outside. The game could be closer than you might think. I hope the Tigers make a good showing (not too good, though! ;)) because, like I said, their campus is literally just down the road from my house and we know many kids who go there, including my son's girl friend. By the way, the school is known by the locals as "York Road U."
Hey Ozi, good post, but you didn't predict the score for the game.

Reaction Score
In their current 3 game winning streak Towson has scored 59, 69 and 53 so it doesn’t appear that they have a lot of firepower and they lost by over 40 to West Virginia and Syracuse although that was early in the season. I’m going with the usual 1st round romp:
UCONN 102 Towson 46

Reaction Score
I didn't post a score because I haven't been close all year, but for what it's worth, here goes. UConn 75, Tigers 50.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom