Prognosticator's Predictions Game 8 vs Ball State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 8 vs Ball State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is Nika's home game so to speak, she gets to play against her little sister Hana and the rest of the Ball State Cardinals. I believe that I read somewhere that Nika's and Hana's parents are going to be there also. So I see the Huskies giving it their all to make sure that their Point Guard leaves the floor as a winner. Massey has Ball State rated #84 with a SoS of 105. They've played Tennessee Tech #230, Troy #226, Chicago St #360, Northern Iowa #117, Notre Dame #9, and Saint Louis #128. Their loss was to Notre Dame 90-59. UConn has played only one team outside the Top 60 and that was Dayton. I see UConn playing many different combo's to see what works best, but not having any difficulties beating the Cardinals at home in Gampel Pavilion with the students chearing them on. This should be a cake walk and a warm up for the game against the Tar Heels at Uncasville on the 10th.

All predictions and any changes must be submited by 6:45 P.M. Eastern, any submitted after the cut-off will not be accepted. The winner must be named, either
UConn/Huskies
or Ball State/Cardinals. No predictions like "85-55 the good guys", will be accepted if there isn't a winner stated. If prior to closing you wish to change your prediction you must submit a new prediction by stating that you wish to change your previous prediction and provide the post number of the original post. If the request for change is submitted prior to the closing of accepted predictions you will receive a "like" letting you know that it was accepted and changed. If someone believes that they have been missed, or someone notices that another fellow Prognosticator has been by the gamekeeper, then it must be brought to the gamekeeper's attention within 24 hours of the posting of the winner(s) game thread. I see a close game either way, but I can't go against the Huskies. UConn 102 - Ball State 56.

Attached is a copy of the Prognosticator's Predictions Rule and Scoring System criteria, please read it so that you are familiar with the game rules. Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there and have some fun.
UCONN 101; Ball State 38. This game is a lovely tribute to Nikka and her sister ( and all Croatia ) , but is otherwise not going to teach much.

Reaction Score
UConn 87 - Ball State 67

UConn does not travel well, but no need to travel for this one. The old UConn always came out big following a loss, but this isn't old UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, we have not looked very good. However, we have played well at home, even without Azzi. I think the home crowd will help--a lot. UConn by 70-55, a modest MOV. We are near rock bottom. I think/hope this is the beginning of our way back up.

Reaction Score
When it looks one-sided it makes me nervous, because UConn hasn't been living up to their hype, but they are at home and I think the 4th quarter may have given some indication of the level they are capable of. Nika's sister will pump up her team, so I think they will make a good effort, too. But, UConn needs to make a statement with two ranked teams (NC and Louisville) coming up.

UConn 92 Ball St 67

Reaction Score
Ball State (6–1) is not to be taken lightly. They are 4–0 on the road. However, they do not rebound well, and they are not great from beyond the arc. If we lock down on Bischoff, and hit the boards hard, we should prevail easily. N.B. Hana averages only 12 minutes/game.
UConn wins 83 – 55 . MOV 28

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ball State at 6-1 is having a nice season as a mid-major. Alas, the elder Muhl will prevail in this one

UConn 85 - Ball St 59

Reaction Score
UConn wins 81-59. Relentless defense by UConn guards not anything Ball State has seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom